Realflow realwave splash problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2013   #1
Realflow realwave splash problem

Hi,

I know this is maybe not the right place for this problem, but cause there is no Realwave-section...:

I am working with Maya and real flow. I am a newbie in Realflow.
My Scene contains a whale jumping out of the water. I am trying to simulate a realistic ocean splash, but:
The Simulation stops after 2-3 frames, if run it in the GUI mode, first in says something like "the siumlation stops, cause of memory problems." on the Realflow website I saw a message, that this warning sometimes is shown under MAC OSX, and the solution would be, to simulate via terminal in No-GUI mode...
So I tried that, but still, after 24 hours of simulating, the simulation seems to stop.
I have a small wtaersurface with a Fractal and a Gerstner, i am using gravity and a k_volume deamon. My object splash emitter has a particle resolution of 100 and my substeps are limited to 60.
I worked on the basis of some tutorials, my plan was to increase the particle resolution up to 800 or something, but even with a resolution of 20 it doesn't continue simulating...
It must have something to do with the object splash, cause if a delete that, the crest splash and te foam and the detailed real wave simulate perfectly..?
The only reason could be the imported Mesh from Maya, the humpbackwhale model - but it's not very complex or extremely detailed or something...?
Even when i am using a standart realflow Object this takes tooo long on a new iMac 32GBRAM, 8core...
I am using Mac OSx Mountain Lion, realflow 2013 trial.
Does anybody know a solution for this, or maybe had the same problem?
Thanks!
Max

Old 06 June 2013   #2
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread