How to Save an Image with V-Ray?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
How to Save an Image with V-Ray?

So this is just really annoying me to no end. Apparently one cannot save a render from the v-ray frame buffer. When I click on the save button, I can only save the image as a png. Why? And then when I click save, it doesn't actually save the image. If I convert to the maya frame buffer, it only saves out the diffuse or alpha and not the entire render. HELP PLEASE?!

Old 02 February 2013   #2
You mean the disk icon on top of VFB? They work for me, both single and all channels. You can choose file type in the save dialogue

Old 02 February 2013   #3
It works fine for me as well. As a temporary workaround, you could just copy the image to mayas frame buffer and save it - you must have selected the specific channel which you want to copy though, I think. It doesn't copy all the channels at once. Or you could just batch render a single frame.

But yeah, you have a problem if you can only save pngs from the vray buffer.

Old 02 February 2013   #4
You must be using the old version of Vray. Update it.
Or.
When you try to save it. ... type in .exr at the end, and it will save it as an exr. or tga.. or tif it still works.

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread