saving images to jpeg problems

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2012   #1
Angry saving images to jpeg problems

Using Blender 2.63, windows on an hp pavilion g6. Doesn't matter how or where I try to save my images, they always end up in a folder (that I didn't make) called "thumbnails", are always at a pixel rate of 248x248, (which can,t be zoomed in without losing composition, and are always in .png!! HELP

Old 10 October 2012   #2
Hi there,

Before rendering your scene look in the properties panel, under the render tab. You'll see a section that has a title 'Output', click on it, and then change the location to save images from '/tmp/' to wherever you want to save them, and then below you'll have a drop down option which allows you to pick your format. If you want Jpeg then change it to jpeg.

That should, hopefully, solve your problem.

Old 10 October 2012   #3
Thanks d-wray, tried all that. Every place on the computer I could think of, including setting up my own file folder(s). Tried jpeg, jpeg2000, even video formats that I knew wouldn't work! Any other ideas? It doesn't make any sense because I didn't even create the "thumbnail" folder!

Old 10 October 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread