Zbrush scale trouble

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2012   #1
Zbrush scale trouble

Hi,

i'm having some trouble with Zbrush/3DSMax scale. The thing is my units in 3ds max are set to centimeters. This is the optimal state for working within it because the zoom factor is ideal and the viewport clipping doesn't cause trouble. I would very much like to leave this be. The problem comes when I GoZ stuff to Zbrush and want to use, let's say Dynamesh. The mesh created becomes inconveniently dense even with resolution set to lowest possible number. Even worse is using shadowbox in a scene like this. The biggest one that shows up is about 100 times smaller than it should be to be of any use.

So my questions are: is it possible to set an import/export scale for GoZ? Or, is there some arbitrary scale inside Zbrush which I can play with to solve these issues? And maybe what's your unit setup and how it works for you?

I will appreciate any tips!

Edit: I've just found in some of the old threads here that max navigation and viewport clipping problem can be avoided by using orthographic instead of perspective view. And it works quite nicely, so I'm now able to switch my system units to meters so I don't need scale conversion anymore... however if someone still have some tips regarding previous questions please do post them

Last edited by Knedlo : 05 May 2012 at 12:20 PM.

Old 05 May 2012   #2
not sure but you could try
tool>deformation > unify

Old 05 May 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread