|01 January 2011|
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Disney Animation Seeks Talent Development Look Development Artist!
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world.
Our latest CG feature, "Tangled", directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, is in theaters now! Our next Traditional feature, "Winnie the Pooh", is directed by Steve Anderson and Don Hall; it debuts Summer 2011.
We are currently seeking a Look Development Artist to join the Talent Development program at our Burbank, CA studios.
The Talent Development Artist Program is available for recent graduates of undergraduate or graduate programs (within three years of graduation date) for a 3 or 6 month paid position at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The Talent Development Artist Program offers a chance to understand the depth of your new skills, refine and strengthen key areas, and apply your talents in our real world environment. Under the guidance of a Disney Mentor you will be immersed in our world of art and technology while being trained on production work-flows and tools.
The next session will begin in March!
Look Development Artists:
Look Development Artists work with the Look Development TDs to create the materials that define the look of 3D characters, environments and props. Look Development artist should have a great eye and exceptional critical thinking in image deconstruction.
• Participate as a team member in determining various design solutions for material creation, appearance, unification and variation
• Create a wide variety of textures (e.g. color, specularity, displacement, etc.) using proprietary and public 2D and 3D paint tools and/or procedural tools and systems
• Bachelors degree in Art, Fine Art, Illustration, Computer Graphics or related field
• Exceptional artistic skills/abilities in CG/traditional artwork
• Proficiency with the following tools:
O Photoshop or equivalent 2D painting tools
O 3D Paint tools• Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environment a plus
• Understanding of shaders, Renderman and RSL a plus
To apply, please visit:
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|01 January 2011|
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|