Purple Rayne, Erasmus Brosdau (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Purple Rayne, Erasmus Brosdau (3D)

Title: Purple Rayne
Name: Erasmus Brosdau
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

A new CG pin up image just for fun:) Colaboration with the fabulous weapon modeler Yaron Levi, whom I met during the Crysis 3 production - thanks for the rifle bro;)

Everything modeled in 3Ds max and additional sculpting work in Mudbox. Materials and rendering in Vray, only hair is rendered with Hairfarm using scanline. The weapon model was provided by my friend and weapon modeler Yaron Levi, but I did the texturing and shading.

10 October 2012
The boobs are a little too much for me, otherwise, fantastic job.

10 October 2012
WOW! Excellent realization! Its quite realistic and detailed!
I love hairs!

10 October 2012
Nice, a few little niggles. Yes the breasts are way too much but more important to mee is the colour of the magpul accessories, the angled foregrip (AFG), PEQ Box, CTR Stock, grip and trigger guard are too light in colour, they need to be a dirtier earthy colour and I don't just mean to look used I mean in real life the colour is a darker earthy colour they simply don't come in a colour as light as that. They also need to have more texture to them, all magpul addons have a rough large grain sandpaper look to them to assist with grip. One last thing is going to be the pistol grip, you have all the magpul addons but for some reason you have used a G27 pistol grip instead of an MOE or MIAD pistol grip I suppose I could ask why you haven't Magpul rail panels as well but that's just being picky.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Numptus1: Nice, a few little niggles. Yes the breasts are way too much but more important to mee is the colour of the magpul accessories, the angled foregrip (AFG), PEQ Box, CTR Stock, grip and trigger guard are too light in colour, they need to be a dirtier earthy colour and I don't just mean to look used I mean in real life the colour is a darker earthy colour they simply don't come in a colour as light as that. They also need to have more texture to them, all magpul addons have a rough large grain sandpaper look to them to assist with grip. One last thing is going to be the pistol grip, you have all the magpul addons but for some reason you have used a G27 pistol grip instead of an MOE or MIAD pistol grip I suppose I could ask why you haven't Magpul rail panels as well but that's just being picky.

Somebody know their guns well. I have no experience in the above gun, to be honest, but its pays to be accurate if possible.

Anyway, if I am picky, I will say she need to put her finger off the trigger (its drilled into us during ,military training, which I had the duty to serve) that you will not pointed your rifle at anything you do not want to shoot, loaded or otherwise, same with trigger finger, finger on trigger only when you are about to shoot).

But if she is suppose to be a pin up, not an actual military personal, then I guess its ok.

Last edited by PKD : 10 October 2012 at 02:47 PM.

10 October 2012
I think this is excellent work. Very realistic, first class texturing. Nice use of lighting too.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by PKD: The boobs are a little too much for me, otherwise, fantastic job.

Had the exact same thought

10 October 2012
Thanks for the comments guys
Haha yeah guess we have a weapon expert here - I totally have no idea what you were talking about, but because this image is more or a less a "fun" image I did not spend endless time on making everything perfect. I know however lots of images where weapons look totally clean on those plastic parts, so I agree with you it could be more realistic to add more dirt and stuff, but on the other hand I take this as artistic freedom to leave it as it is as it is really just nitpicking as you said
About the boobs - sure that's just a matter of taste, some like em small, some like em big

10 October 2012
Awesome!!! Crazy work in the tattoo. Congratulations.

10 October 2012
Amazing work, very nicely done! Great model and great pose. Really awesome too to have a gun expert chime in. Also the sense of weight is perfect. But alas.. her boobs are too big. Although it is a preference it just sorta sends out a wrong message. I like breasts just as much as the next guy. I just think there are other ways to sexualize someone without resorting to the tried and true method or making things too big, too small and too long.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Destrega: Thanks for the comments guys
Haha yeah guess we have a weapon expert here -

I've owned pretty much every MAGPUL addon there is or ever has been and I've several variations of the RIS you have on that AR. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to firearms stuff, just one of those things that niggles, doesn't detract from your work though, an excellent all round piece.

10 October 2012
Holy mother of .... Ehm great work

10 October 2012
Great work, even though the breast are a bit on the large side.
Posted it on the blog.
Male Mercenary
Female Mercenary

10 October 2012
Great Stuff man !
Thanks for sharing your knowledge in how you did it.

10 October 2012
I saw boobs in thumbnail preview and clicked

Cool Pic! Nice inbetween Comic and realistic. Only, personaly I donlt like women and wapons...

But! great pose, great style, great tatoo, great boobs

Thread Closed share thread