Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #391
eRKK
Remember 1337
portfolio
Erik Hallberg
Stockholm, Sweden

Still working on this... Trying out many ZBrush features, even though I told my self to only use techniques that I already know to get this done as quickly as possible. But so many ZBrush features are just so cool that I can't seem to keep my hands of them ^^

I've also attempted to understand more about the BPR and hopefully I'll be able to show of something nice without leaving ZBrush.

Still, this is rendered with one light, one pass and a few curves in PS. What worries me are the very black shadows beneath his eyes... I can't seem to get rid of them. And I'm (pretty sure that I'm) not even using AO...

Anyways, it's a bit of an update!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #392
Numptus1
Lord of Camo
Andrew March
Weston, United Kingdom

Excellent details on the bowman, i take you're going to model an MBITR, maube prc-152 or 148 but any reason why you went with a bowman as opposed to sordins or comtacs?

I really do think you should lose the carry handle and mount the eotech on the flat top of the receiver rather than the rail, the eye relief where you have it now would be awful.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #393
eRKK
Remember 1337
portfolio
Erik Hallberg
Stockholm, Sweden

As always, any inaccuracy in gear is due to my ignorance.

I made this one because I found a few reference images of it, it looked cool and it worked with the helmet on.

On the EOTech... I see your point and I agree. But for now I'm pretty much rushing this out for my upcoming reel and if the EOTech can show of some modeling skills that takes precedence over real life military preference or even accuracy. I'll have plenty of time for accuracy later

What makes me feel a bit dumb is the fact that I don't just ask questions on here often enough. I have been wondering about the coms and about other stuff and it can be pretty tough to find out what is being used and what the exact names of specific gear is if I can't find it on any "lists of gear" found on the marines website or Wikipedia.

Cheers, man! Thanks for helping out!

Old 01-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #394
Numptus1
Lord of Camo
Andrew March
Weston, United Kingdom

All you have to do is drop me a line. I have real Eotechs, real bowmans and Sordins, various M4 rifles, pistols, grenades, mines, molle kit, genuine marine boots and air force boots, every camo known to man. Just shout next time and I will help, for a small fee of course

Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #395
eRKK
Remember 1337
portfolio
Erik Hallberg
Stockholm, Sweden

Thank you! You'll most definitely hear from me in the future! When I've managed to make enough money for that fee!

Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #396
Numptus1
Lord of Camo
Andrew March
Weston, United Kingdom

small is small with me mate

I have just taken delivery of a nice shiny H&K MP7 PDW, if you decide to model a modern navy seal any time soon, ooh lots of shiny goodness.....

Old 02-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #397
eRKK
Remember 1337
portfolio
Erik Hallberg
Stockholm, Sweden

... now I want to make a navy seal!

Update update. I decided to go with the bowman after all.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #398
Gnasty
Frequenter

portfolio
Filip
Stockholm, Sweden

God, it looks so sweet... You sure you're not going for the FROG uniform? Because it sure as hell looks like it :P I mean, that square velcro is present on the FROG uniforms. Haven't seen it on the others.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #399
tehFoist
portfolio
Ryan
Edmonton, Canada

Wow this thread is incredible to go through. Amazing work, really makes me want to start a project like this. Look forward to more!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #400
Numptus1
Lord of Camo
Andrew March
Weston, United Kingdom

Nah, doesn't look anything like the frog or UBACS outfit. The CRYE based frog or UBACS top is a much tighter cut, with built in polymer elbow pads.

This looks more like a Gen2 BDU top, although the placement of the arm pocket is wrong, perhaps a cross between a Gen2 BDU and an ACU top.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #401
eRKK
Remember 1337
portfolio
Erik Hallberg
Stockholm, Sweden

No need to fight over the type of jacket, gentlemen! It's a mixture of designs and that's how I will keep it for now. I'll see about making something more accurate in the future! Or maybe just leave it be and start a new character somewhere soon and call this done. It would be fun to start over on something new to get a better grasp on how I've improved my workflow!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #402
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread