Yea, I am not creative

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  11 November 2009
Yea, I am not creative

Frustrated kid here. Been roaming here since almost an year, registered few months back, posting now.

So yea, I am not creative, not at all. Being an animator was(is) my dream. I saw those movies and those cartoons and ALWAYS wanted to recreate them. ALWAYS. I don't speak at all in real life. So opening up to the world through my animation work made me attracted towards animation more. I have no art background. I don't know color theory. I can't draw. I held pencil and brushes for the first time in my life 4 months back, when I joined a design college. My aim was to learn drawing, be a skiller and nothing else. But here in this college, it was all about design and hardly any arts. No drawing courses. No life drawing or whatsoever. So I thought of learning on my own.

Now the main point. I always knew that I wasn't creative but thought that it will come as I work along but it didn't. I really am NOT creative. How can I be creative, I absolutely have no idea. I can't make something like this by doodling like others can.

It just doesn't happen, just doesn't. I have tried so many times. I doodle and no design comes.

Character Design. I can't think of any NEW character. I see characters in HP movies, LOTR, District 9, animes and they look awesome, but I can never create new characters. My mind just doesn't click. I have tried. In my courses, I am scared of facing people without any new character, so I just take an anime and add tail, hair, jacket and done. I have seen other people's characters. They are NEW.

I sit everyday with pencil and book and draw lines thinking something might show up. It doesn't. If I have to see and draw, fine, not good but I manage. But if you give me a drawing and ask me to make it in a creative way, I won't be able to. I can't be abstract or make a drawing look beautiful and new by shapes and lines.

I don't know if I am clear or not, but I have you guys get it.

In short, I am not creative, I can't draw(I can improve though). Thing that scares me is not being creative. I can't innovate things. So should I leave animation and forget arts forever?

Sorry but just frustarted. Had to post.

share thread