Master and Servant 2D Entry: Simon Seitz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Simon Seitz

Simon Seitz has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Coloring WIP: Refining facial features

This is were i was 2 weeks from now. In the meantime I have been in Barcelona for 1 week and had lots of other work to do.
Now I have given up on this project. But I think I have learned a lot by forcing myself to do some digital painting.

And I hope that someday soon, when I have a graphic tablet, I will be able to do some serious 2D works larger than a few pixels.

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: first sketch

This is my first post on CG TALK.
It took me some time to get started. I just returned home yesterday from my Easter holiday.
Now this is my first idea for this challenge. I never before did a decent CG-Artwork and I hope this going to my debut.

03 March 2005
additional character scetches

my first additional sketches.
forgot to ask: Who recognizes the theme of my project? Should be quite obvious from the first post.

03 March 2005
Hi there!
Welcome to the cg networks!
I like the idea, and the perpective is good as well. Just keep posting and sketching, u will learn by the practising.
I hope you will enjoy the challenge,
Goood luck,

- Brutal Monk -

03 March 2005
basic shapes and construction lines

This is the basic layout in Photoshop

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: colour test

This is my first colour test to get an idea of what the atmosphere colud be like. Next I will do some analog sketches of the people that will be pulling the statue in the background. As you can see I had the idea of making the statue a giant Euro bank note. And there will be coins on the left hand side.

04 April 2005
Line Art: servants evolving

I did some work on the front row of people pulling the statue. Maybe I pick them out to create an image solely about them, because I realized that the original concept was maybe to ambitious for me.
Also I have some projects at school that are really time-consuming that hinder me from spending more time on this challenge.

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: Started to work on first character

I started to work on one of the characters that I had sketched in my first lineart. I did another pencil sketch and took it into photoshop.
This is the first time I try painting a human digitally. Hope it is going to turn out well.
The one thing I already love about digital painting i that you can easily reposition things if your proportions are off. Which I did several times to find out where the ear of the character would have to be placed and in what orientation.

05 May 2005
Coloring WIP: Refining facial features

This is were i was 2 weeks from now. In the meantime I have been in Barcelona for 1 week and had lots of other work to do.
Now I have given up on this project. But I think I have learned a lot by forcing myself to do some digital painting.

And I hope that someday soon, when I have a graphic tablet, I will be able to do some serious 2D works larger than a few pixels.

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread