vray render passes comping in nuke problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
vray render passes comping in nuke problem

hello

i am facing issue comping background to my render passes, what i want is i want to able to adjust my shadow darkness/brightness and blurriness by adding its pass but something is wrong when i blurr it, i have attached the script and exr, pls let me know if this is the correct way of comping pure white background to my product render and then comping shadows.

here is the link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw0agcpv0...ajiv%20nuke.zip

pls advice what to do

thank you in advance.

Raj

11 November 2013
You need to get rid of the shadows before you add them to the shot. After your merge of the VRayDiffuseFilter * VRayRawLighting, then plus the VRayShadows, which should get rid of all shadows out of the raw lighting pass.

Technically you should render the ground plane as a separate pass as when you blur the shadows you will get a halo where the teapot meets the ground because there isn't shadow under the teapot to bleed and it will give you a rim.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread