Adobe’s Creative Cloud “cloud” service scans for copyrighted material..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Oh, but wait! Where's all the posts from the "if you're not using anything that's illegal, then you have nothing to worry about" apologists?

I'm sure Adobe will gather a bunch of metrics and search all your cloud files to do nothing more than improve their products, right? RIGHT?

07 July 2013
Correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't I just keep my files locally and not in the cloud? They can only scan the files that they have on their system. Even with a CC subscription I have the option to save my files on my local hard drives.

Unless, of course, CC is doing that on my machine and then reporting back to Adobe.

07 July 2013

so how does this work on images used for educational purposes?

07 July 2013
How does it work for, well, almost all our work for all our clients? Seeing most of Adobe's software is used for broadcasting and print, that deals with pretty much nothing BUT copyrighted material.
Does the cloud throw a hissy fit when i try to upload a shot or poster for a client, say Nike, because it contains the logo and name?
What about material under NDA? What happens when a red flag goes up? Does someone review the material or does it get send somewhere that didn't sign the NDA? (try explaining to your client why a picture or shot of a multi million dollar production somehow got leaked through your account.)

If true, then this is such a clear sign that Adobe has lost all understanding of what and who their customer base really is.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread