OT. Question 4 porting TAFA to MAC (and, maybe Ei?)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
Hi Alonzo,

I couldn`t tell how to make something better in a tutorial DVD like yours.
All those video tutorials are genius and helpful at one hand and at the other
hand this tutorial style simply implicates problems with finding certain informations.
Just normal i guess...so it really wasn`t meant as critique at all.
I´m happy enough to know guys sharing their knowledge by doing tutorials

@FelixCat
What are you talking about...
Who or what is Alzheimer ???

best
Tom

12 December 2009
Hey Alonzo,

doesn't Quicktime support Chapter Tracks? If so you could make a separate Chapter Track and embed it into the Quicktime. Then the user could click the track marker and scroll down to the desired section. I'll see if I can dig up some info I had on how to do that.

12 December 2009
BTW... he is referring Qt, not QT
Qt is a programming environment
QT is quicktime

-Walt Disney

12 December 2009
Thanks for your positive and encouraging feedback Tom.
You are right. That DVD is what it is, making it faster isn't necessarily making it better.
Genius. Me? LOL ! After reading your comment I went back and looked at a random video

In video "4.Model Integrity Lecture.mov" @ 7:20 full video from DVD

4.Model Integrity

I illustrate and explain a technique "Retopolize/Remesh". I state that it was a technique that I was in the process of discovering, and exploring for modeling. Currently I use this ZBrush to retop but at that time of the video, retoping wasn't created in ZB at the time of the video. I was doing it in Maya but it was a bit arduous with out plugins.

What I am saying is that was a bit of info included in the DVD that I can appreciate more now, and that I woudn't want to omit. I used Nurbs models to create that mouse. It was arduous, but with retop technique that I mentioned then but didn't exist in ZB then but I could now in not time flat.

I have 3D taught at Pratt, and have done corporate and independent training for years, as well as lead usergroups, and I am pleased with the style of the info. It's hands on.

But you guys got me thinking. It' really not a DVD, it's just delivered on DVD. It's not authored. There's no DVD interface.

It's something I should consider, but I thought this would be faster to market, less expensive. More importantly it would be more fail safe. No bugs or crashes.

I buy lots of DVDs, all types, even 2D animation. Anything and everything. I love the knowledge sharing aspects of the information age. But when I buy a DVD from Gnomon, or DT, Immediately copy the "videos separately" to the hard drive. I don't like their interface and after 20 of their DVDs if I hear their thumping Logo music, airy background. I will smash the DVD (after I copy it of course).

Fact is, all that is important to me with a DVD is the content, not the format or interface.
This is why I prefer a Digital Download and I will often buy them the first day. It's just movies.

So I agree Tom, most of the limitation is in the media, but it can be an advantage as well as a disadvantage. What if someone wanted to look this comment about topolizing I made that was sidebard to the main content? It wouldn't be authored under the main title nor should it yet it is still an advantage to know even now with new tools being developed for retoping .

Last edited by AVTPro : 12 December 2009 at 12:09 PM.

12 December 2009
Correction. ZB3 Retopology was created. I just didn't know it because ZB 3 wasn't on the Mac. I only learn to retop in ZB a few months ago.

BTW, i like that Disney quote CJ.

Last edited by AVTPro : 12 December 2009 at 07:47 AM.

12 December 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread