Sage, Seo Yeon Su - Anaheim (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2005
Originally Posted by rafael3000: Hi Filo. Your sage is so beautiful, i got one question for you. isn't it easier to create human models in POSER 5 for example with ready models like V3 from Daz, than build them from scratch in programs such as Maya or 3dmax?
Thank you.

what are you trying to say (imply) Rafael?

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

02 February 2005
I'm just trying to understand why most of the people on this site using 3ds max or other programs, building characters from scratch when they can use Poser program, that is less complecated program with ready base characters that u can work on.

Why for u MAX for example is better than Poser 5? That's all what i want to know.

02 February 2005
rafael - if you go to a car dealership, and buy a nice new car that looks the same as a million other cars out there, it doesn't make you an expert mechanic. but if you try to build your own car, you'll end up with something quite unique and you'll be a few steps closer to being an expert mechanic....and maybe even in getting a job as a formula1 mechanic

ok, that might be a bad/dodgy example but the point is, building your own characters from scratch is all about creating something unique and improving your skills. this is something that many people take seriously, especially when you're working, or want to work, as a 3d artist. and games/films that use 3d would be kinda boring if all the characters were made from poser models....true?
basically it's all about practise, improving your skills, and even trying to push a few boundaries.

excellent model btw filo 5 stars from me

02 February 2005
Filo, great character!

Rafael. 3D is an art form. True artists wouldn`t use factory model, because it`s something like make a painting based on a template that can be purchased in any store. Creating a character from the scratch, or using your very own models is more fun, and is TRUE creation, while using pre made models is faking somehow the creativity. At least for a modeller. For one, who doesn`t want to deal with modelling., but texturing and rendering, Poser is the way to go. But that one will miss the fun of shaping a character.

A rude thought: working with Poser`s models is like raising a kid, who is not yours.

Sorry for my rubbish English

Latest thread:

Fauna

Vampyre Portrait

Girl in Hood

Vampyre Hunter I

02 February 2005
Impressive modelling and texturing! I can't say much more but that i like how she looks!

03 March 2005
i like the look of her skin. it's no more plastic looking than all the celebrities that are in playboy - airbrushed, you know. i would like to know where she got her outfit!

good job!!

03 March 2005
Nice pose and skin tone she kinda looks like christie from Tekken, I like her clothing very attractive.

04 April 2005
Wom, I like her skin, health!

04 April 2005
Talking

nice pose, realy sexy

07 July 2005
Impressive! She really looks cute, for a CG model

Would be cool if you go for realism a bit. Maybe change the texture of the skin, that would change it a lot. Model looks great, pose is sexy and overall it's awesome!

08 August 2005
High res

I know I'm a bit late, but can someone send me a link or file for the high res image of sage?

thanks in advance

11 November 2005
Yeah ,I like it. you modeling very nice ! And your hue is very nice!
You are very fineness animator !I believe you will succeed!
I will for it 5 stars!
Go on!

12 December 2005
Wink

Britney Spears Rocks. She is hard to capture even in drawing. But you seem to have catch her cross eyed stare that she is famous for. She is such a Dizzy Girl. Like Whatever. And a Dork. But thats why she is a good model.

06 June 2006
Smile Maya

hi, friend

i need help from u

iam also using maya 6.0 unlimited ver

can u help me, how to create a face.... i don't no ,
but iam using only nurbs, surface, cube, rectanble, cone etc only... materials, rendering etc.,

but i didn't no how to make a 3d face in maya,,,,,plz try to help ...

thanks

06 June 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread