New model of Cintiq alternative looks promising?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
New model of Cintiq alternative looks promising?

Apologies if this is already posted... Anyone used one of these second-generation models yet? Looks very promising.

Quote: I wished that someone could pair the underlying, fantastic UC Logic digitizer tech with a tablet monitor enclosure. I even bought some hardware to try and make my own. But now I donít have to. Yiynova must have been listening. The MSP19U is a second generation product that jettisons the inferior Waltop digitizers of the first model and replaces them with UC Logic internals.

Does the pairing live up to the sum potential of its disparate parts? Can a relatively unknown $569 tablet monitor compete with a $1999 Wacom Cintiq? Yes, it competes. It even bests the Cintiq in a few key areas. But Iím jumping ahead.

Full review here

01 January 2013
I'm hoping that this will work, not just because of the price but because wacom deserves some competition on the market.

01 January 2013
Wow, just $500 on buy.com. Would love to see more feedback on this unit here.

01 January 2013
the stand looks about as usless as the Wacom ones...

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by LuckyBug: I'm hoping that this will work, not just because of the price but because wacom deserves some competition on the market.

Exactly. There is no reason for Cintiq to be so grossly overpriced other than wacom taking advantage of customers due to there being no competition.

01 January 2013
Originally Posted by SheepFactory: Exactly. There is no reason for Cintiq to be so grossly overpriced other than wacom taking advantage of customers due to there being no competition.

you'd probably see cintiqs selling at $800 if the market was as saturated as TVs and cells, but its not gonna happen anytime soon.

01 January 2013
To be fair to Wacom, the IPS panel in a Cintiq probably spanks the (what sounds like a) TN panel in this cheap tablet, but even so ... this sounds like the first real competition Wacom has faced in the 13 years I've been using tablets.

I'm sorely tempted to try out the 9x12" screenless Monoprice tablet built on the same digitizer, because at $80, why the hell not?

And the fact that replacement pens are $8 instead of $60 ... man ... 52$ buys a lot of AA batteries

01 January 2013
Here are a ton of youtube videos showing it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...c.1.DH_9t9ZjZZw

Having owned a Cintiq 21" in the past I see no difference whatsoever between this and the cintiq as far as usability goes. Definitely getting one of these sometime this year.

Thread Closed share thread