Use MoText letters as particles for an emitter?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Use MoText letters as particles for an emitter?

My end goal is to have letters be the particles coming out of an Emitter.

What I'd ideally like to do is define the letters to be used with MoText, and then have an Emitter randomly spit out letters from the string I have in MoText.
But right now the Emitter is just emitting the lines of text for each particle (instead of individual letters).

So, how can I have an Emitter emit random letters as the particles?

I'm running C4D Studio R14.

I've attached some screenshots of where I'm currently at.

07 July 2013
DonŽt see a way to do it randomly with standard emitter. Only thing you can do is make as many Motext single letters as you need and place them as a child to that emitter - and determine randomness by sequence yourself, as they will come out of emitter one after the other going down the childen emitter has ....

Btw a piece of cake for X-Particles - it has a sprite mode for random letters

07 July 2013
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z23qwk3pn...random_text.c4d <-here is fast trick to do it.. But there are many other ways to do it also. I would use thinking particles.
But the x-particles is great tool to do this trick, it is very fast even with big counts of letters.

if you can not open the c4d file, then try it do by your self:
Create letters (motext objects) each letter separately. Then add those motext objects inside to cloner object and then change cloner object mode to object, and drag particle emitter object to object link.

Last edited by jumamu : 07 July 2013 at 11:58 AM.

07 July 2013
Originally Posted by jumamu: Create letters (motext objects) each letter separately. Then add those motext objects inside to cloner object and then change cloner object mode to object, and drag particle emitter object to object link.

good one - didnŽt remember that you can clone onto standart particles - cloner has options for randomness of course ...
Guess with Thinking particles youŽll need to provide single letters for emission as well - or generate a random text by expresso as you are dealing with that anyhow...

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread