Doing 3d Printing? Show us your work...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

09 September 2017
Such impressive prints, really digging the smoothness on that print Chewy.

Davidfbarruz, the detail and composition is insane. Great work.

Where is everyone making their 3D prints these days? Is SW still the leader here or are there better low cost alternatives or does everyone have their own printer now?

Last edited by Junpei : 09 September 2017 at 04:35 PM.

09 September 2017
Originally Posted by Junpei: Where is everyone making their 3D prints these days? Is SW still the leader here or are there better low cost alternatives or does everyone have their own printer now?

I commissioned Factor31 to have my design 3D printed. The service is not cheap, but the turnaround time is fast! Ideally I would want to have my own 3D printer someday. 

3 Weeks Ago

Here's one of my early attempts at home 3d printing. Not pretty, but I'm getting cleaner prints each time. This is a 4.7"  prop repurposed from my Hit-Girl character model from a bunch of years back. The biggest challenges here were the 0.1mm low res and the stubborn to remove supports. Given that this is on a $220 printer.... not too shabby. Really wish I could find a better way to remove supports or even cleaner, less destructive supports. Cura's killing me with their support structures. Even with pliers, a pen knife, and some sanding, those support areas never seem to come out fully/ :( I could stomach the lower res in exchange for cleaner prints.

2 Weeks Ago
Here is the mascot I modeled for the upcoming B-Velta, a delta type 3d printer made in France (FDM 3d printer)

Made with ZBrush 4r8 using principally the brushes Move Topology, DamStandard and ClayBuildup.

Thinking to be printed without supports

Then Printed on UM2 with Wood and ngen filament.
Nozzle -> 0.6mm / LayerHeight -> 200µm
Total height : 18cm

1 Week Ago
I just finished this 3D printing project, took a lot of time and trial and error but I'm glad it's finally done and I can go back to 3D stuff:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...f=358&t=1470445

reply share thread