Texture Seams Showing in Max from Mudbox File - Appreciate any Help to Resolve

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

07 July 2017
Texture Seams Showing in Max from Mudbox File - Appreciate any Help to Resolve

I received a nice model created in Mudbox that I'd like to use in Max. In Mudbox the texture appears fine but when I send it to Max there are seams visible (see below). I've not used Mudbox much so I'm not certain if I'm missing something in the workflow. I'm sure this is something very simple and I'll greatly appreciate any assistance.

in Max.

07 July 2017
1) Textures generated should always have padding.
2) Disable bitmap texture blur (or set to 0.01) in 3ds max.

-Eric

07 July 2017
You'll need to apply some texture padding around the seams. Either in Mudbox, if that's possible, or externally.
Right now it seems like the Texture has no padding and a contrasting background color. As soon as any filtering goes on, the background color bleeds into the UV islands.

07 July 2017
Very much appreciate the assistance you guys!

07 July 2017
I don't think you can add padding in Mudbox but you can probably re-bake the map and add some padding there. Eric's advice should certainly help, maybe the seams will be gone completely then.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by pokoy: I don't think you can add padding in Mudbox but you can probably re-bake the map and add some padding there. Eric's advice should certainly help, maybe the seams will be gone completely then.

Indeed, setting the blur to 0.01 totally did the trick. Cannot thank all of you enough for such great assistance.

reply share thread