Stretchy Rubber Surface

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Stretchy Rubber Surface

Hello all,

I've been trying to figure out the best way to have an object(a hand) push into a sheet of rubber. The sheet of rubber is a square plane so it's easy in that respect, but it must stretch inward from the pressure of the hand pushing it and deform to the hands shape as well. Like if it were a balloon type of material but more thickness to it. This is also not an animation, it's a still image- so I'm running into issues with simulations and things as well.

I've been trying to achieve this with nCloth and having some difficulties keeping the sheet still except for when it's stretched. I've also tried just modeling it by hand, which may be the answer as well- but I was wondering if there's a better way than I'm trying so far.

Has anybody ever tried something like this?

Thanks in advance.

-JC

07 July 2013
You could use Ncloth and when you have a good frame that you like you could set a initial state for it wich is under the nsolver menu and then rewind the scene, and disable the nucleus simulation.

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread