UNIT Store Visualization

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
UNIT Store Visualization

Here s a Visualization I did for the company UNIT for there new line of retail shop, one already open in Melbourne.
It wasn't accepted in the "Latest Work-3D", its a bit confusing as lately it seems the level of quality being posted in that section seemed to have reduce a fair bit.

Anyway it s not a WIP, I just wanted to share it with you guys.

Cheers

VIDEO:
https://vimeo.com/65014227#

07 July 2013
Nicely done, they look almost photo like. Of course I was hoping it might be doctor who related, but you can't have everything.

07 July 2013
Thank you, I appriciate it, tho, i m not sure I anderstand what you mean by "doctor who related"

07 July 2013
It might look a bit flat and cluttered (ok that's just how those stores are) but I think you can shape a lot with more focused and improved lighting.

07 July 2013
I agree with ACantarel, from what I have noticed usually the accepted pieces have an object/character focus in the forefront, I think your renders are nice but maybe focus on a particular aspect/area of the store using more dynamic camera work also.

07 July 2013
Hey man,

I don't think Ballistic are very keen on commercial work in the 3D gallery. Did you check with your client to make sure they were ok with their stuff being posted on sites like this?

-AJ

07 July 2013
Hi aj, whats ballistic? Yeah I check with the client and he s ok, as he already opened the shop, so I dont see where there would be a problem but thanks for your comment, and if it create a problem I m more than happy to take it off the site and just keep it on my blog.

ACantarel\Artdigital: thanks guys for your comments, I totaly see what you mean, but I just created one light rig for all shots as it was a video, but just wanted to post some still, but I didnt want to have to create different lighting for each still or make higher res textures for close up, but I totaly see your point, thanks guys

Here s a photo of the real shop that opend in Melbourne, but please let me know if that create an issue with the website, or with anybody as I m not trying to create problem, I just want to share my work, and if it s offending someone or some laws, I will take it off straight away, thank you

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Cg-Creator : 07 July 2013 at 02:01 AM.

07 July 2013
Real world lighting is never easy to replicate. But I think you did a good job. Also I guess there is a balance between realistic lighting and time it takes to set that up, and getting the information across to the client by the deadline.

(Don't worry about the Doctor who reference, I'm an old school nerd, so to me UNIT stands for United Nations Intelligence Task force.)

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread