Fortress

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Fortress

This is a fortress I modeled in 3ds Max and enhanced in Photoshop. It was my final project for my very first 3D Fundamentals class. The environments are different as I was trying out different looks. How's it look for a beginner's work? My main focus at the time was on modeling, not texturing, so I know that the textures are far from excellent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fortress Final Render 1 small.jpg (67.2 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Fortress Final Render 2 small.jpg (69.5 KB, 40 views)

01 January 2013
I'd like to see larger images,
the edges seem sharp and maybe some odd pulling, but again, hard to tell with small pictures.

01 January 2013
yah we need some bigger resolution to examine to details from the modeling

01 January 2013
Sorry about the quality. I'm uploading larger images now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fortress Final Render 1 small.jpg (73.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Fortress Final Render 2 small.jpg (71.1 KB, 21 views)

01 January 2013
I think you should do some more research in terms of architecture, because the fortress looks like it's not really solid - and that's what a fortress should be. You are showing a lot of the construction, which is fine, but the walls seem too thin and it's basically a stonehendge type creation, but sharper, no real solid walls to protect people inside etc. Fortresses have a function, which is to fend off attackers and prevent them from entering and conquering, thus they have a system of construction by which they achieve this, and that's why they look mighty and grand. Look at references, put in more work into the details and try to make the structure logical. I think that's the way should approach it to make a believable and awesome model, and later a finished product still.
Hope i helped!

01 January 2013
your lights don't cover all the angles.. It's a cloudy sky so Diffuse lights.. and you have strong shadows sides.. try to fillight

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread