Maya Flicker problems and performance issues.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Maya Flicker problems and performance issues.

This problem has recently surfaced,

I am facing some issues in Maya,

when navigating through menus I noticed flickers on menus and slow viewport transition when pressing the spacebar it might take longer than normal, my graphics card is AMD FirePro v8800 and I have installed Autodesk Maya 2013 certified FirePro v8800 driver, this issue has surfaced recently after re-installing windows 7, please help if you have any suggestions.

as you can see in the following image the menu has Flickering when navigating both up and down, and this happens with all other menus in Attribute editor and in tools options.

Plus as I mentioned the performance of the interface overall is slow, now I have used the same version of Maya on a Geforce GTX 580 and it was smooth, fast and had no issues, I am starting to think that AMD is the problem.
help please

Attached Images
File Type: gif Maya-Flickr.gif (48.4 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by quakebox : 10 October 2012 at 02:35 AM.

10 October 2012
Found the solution

I found the solution.

Remarkably it was my Tablet I am not sure if it was the driver conflict or something else but as soon as I unplug the tablet from the PC Maya starts again fast and with the latest FirePro driver, my bad I didn't discover this before.

Last edited by quakebox : 10 October 2012 at 10:17 AM.

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread