First AMD Threadripper Cinebench R15 results published

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Unread 1 Hour Ago   #31
Originally Posted by sirio: Be aware that only a small part of CPU-monkey Cinebench score are actually coming from real CB tests. Especially for new CPU they use their in-house system to figure out the score but it's just hypothetical and it can be wrong by a significant margin. 

Well, that's good to know. :(

Quote: With OpenCL render engines such as AMD Prorender BOTH the GPU(s) and CPU(s) can be utilized simultaneously. Best of both worlds

Agreed! But it's still going to take some time before these options become up-to-par with the competition in both speed & features. 

Unread 1 Hour Ago   #32
Originally Posted by sirio: Be aware that only a small part of CPU-monkey Cinebench score are actually coming from real CB tests. Especially for new CPU they use their in-house system to figure out the score but it's just hypothetical and it can be wrong by a significant margin.

um - if that is true, I would call it fraud. If someone writes "Cinebench" on his tests, I fully expect them to run a real cinebench and not somehow guess cr@p.

I wonder what Maxon says about that? It's their trademark after all.

Unread 7 Minutes Ago   #33
I am not aware of any misconduct in regards to Cinebench. Where Sirio got that information from is a mystery to me. Sirio: Please don't hesitate to contact me privately on this.
It happens that CPU manufacturers use CB on alpha or beta systems that do not find their way into production, but over all the years that i follow this there was never an event where there was an actual misuse. There was a bit of trouble years ago when GPU manufcaturers tried to outwit the OGL benchmark, but that hole was quickly plugged.

reply share thread