Creating a Pile of Sugar

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

6 Days Ago
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf: We want it with BUGS!

Seriously man, I've been following your work more then 10 years (since that spiderfly animation), and I was kind of sad you switched to programming.
But I never expected that you will be creating something this big and cool.
Tests are incredible! Autodesk should hire you as their main guy for these stuff.

If anything deserves separate thread, this deserve it. I hope you will open one soon.
Looking forward for updates.

Cheers to all.
Purely for selfish reasons, no to Autodesk hiring him because they'd make it exclusive for their subscription-customers.
If it is really as good as the Instagram-videos would lead us to believe, he can make more money and have more freedom not working for Autodesk.

Last edited by SD3D : 6 Days Ago at 04:33 PM.

6 Days Ago
This looks amazing Tyson! Can't wait to see this thing. I've seen your posts on instagram.

m

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by SD3D: no to Autodesk hiring him because they'd make it exclusive for their subscription-customers.

I was more referring, how it would be in an ideal world.

i don't care in what form this plugin (or better: bunch of plugins - heavy extension of 3DS Max), will came to us, I am only afraid that Tyson wont abandon it (for any reason).
For example, this guy:
https://vimeo.com/155278137
I really like his progress, but for a long time, he hasn't posted any update.

Or this plugin, for example:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1467403

That's why I said, we want it with bugs.

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf: I was more referring, how it would be in an ideal world.

i don't care in what form this plugin (or better: bunch of plugins - heavy extension of 3DS Max), will came to us, I am only afraid that Tyson wont abandon it (for any reason).
For example, this guy:
https://vimeo.com/155278137
I really like his progress, but for a long time, he hasn't posted any update.

Or this plugin, for example:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1467403

That's why I said, we want it with bugs.
Both of those have direct competition though if they haven't already partnered or released them.

and for the fluids there is Phoenix FD for commercial use and Blender for hobbyists. Also 3ds max now has fluids if you're a subscriber.
Until released it makes no money and so making the commitment and finding the time to work on it after the day-job is difficult.
Also, I'd imagine that even for an experienced-programmer, this stuff isn't easy and so just because you haven't heard anything does not mean that work has stopped. Perceived progress is not necessarily linear with respect to the work put in.

Last edited by SD3D : 5 Days Ago at 12:27 PM.

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ivanisavich: I'm gonna derail the thread a bit, because the conversation has devolved into talking about how Max is lacking in a lot of simulation areas...
It devolves for a reason and this derail... TAKE MY MONEY!

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ivanisavich: * Every operator is fully multithreaded
ok...so next time some dev tells me...most PF ops simply CANNOT be multi-threaded because of their 'nature'...I'll just ignore him/her ?

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by vusta: ok...so next time some dev tells me...most PF ops simply CANNOT be multi-threaded because of their 'nature'...I'll just ignore him/her ?

If I'm not mistaken, I recall orbaz once mentioning on his forum that he couldn't multithread OPs in pflow due to the way his random number generator and/or particle seeding is calculated (most likely particles are all seeded from a single, shared PRNG) . I'm not sure how much work it would take to change that part of pflow specifically, but it would explain why all OPs -- even simple ones -- cannot be multithreaded. tyFlow was created with multithreading in mind from the start, so I could avoid accidentally building any pitfalls like that into its core.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm happy to see people see potential value in tyFlow

Last edited by ivanisavich : 5 Days Ago at 03:47 AM.

3 Days Ago
A whole particle system crippled because all the emphasis is on frame 0!?

3 Days Ago
Looks amazing, Ty! Really does. This will make particles so ridiculously much more useful in max...

reply share thread