UGAC- Master Chamber- Rules - Revised and Updated Please Read!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2006
well for my part I've been slammed with a lot of work due for the end of this month. I don't think I can get it done even if I had an extra week. so rather than ask for an extension and then end up not getting it done, I will probably just drop this and hope next challenge I can have more free time.

08 August 2006
Guys there are currently 7 votes for right now, but more importantly, I think Rog is the only one who has a submission actually finished. I would like for there to be more than 3 entries for judging, but I don't want to vote myself as I feel there is a bit of conflict of interest with me being both a participant and running the contest.

08 August 2006
well, alright... just so you have more time to find judges and so everyone else can finish (), count me as #8.

08 August 2006
HUZZAH! And now the pressure is on. Can I complete roughly 80% of the textures in a matter of an extra week? Survey says.... of course. Granted, I'm not going for a style like Ro's so that takes SOME of the pressure off. Now I'm just trying to decide if I should go for a few static shots or take the extra time to animate a short video showing off the many features of the stage? It was all built with animation in mind, after all.....

08 August 2006
I'm extending the deadline for another week since general consensus is that we should.

New Deadline is August 24th

08 August 2006
Less than 1 week left! It's gotten quiet in the last couple of days, I hope it's because you're all too busy working on your entries to bother posting updates

08 August 2006
The 1 week extention was great, it gave me the chance to sign up for a WoW trial period (only wasted 1 day with that), finally get an Xbox 360, and play a bunch of games, downloaded a bunch of demos, played Tomb Raider for the first time ever. I am going to have to buy that game. Now that we are down to the last minute again, I can get finished up.

08 August 2006
I'll post an update tonight. I have a vast majority of the stage textured (and the speakers look badass) and tonight I'll work on the bar.

and BTW, the new Tomb Raider game is badass... except for the ending. Is it just me or is Lara shifting the blame more than just a little bit? Good game though. Warning: Xbox 360s version gets all sorts of weird lighting and flickering issues that no other version has. And that includes the PSPs version. Just thought I would throw that out there.

08 August 2006
Since i have no previous experience running these things I sort've forgot about gathering judges. They're sort've important, so consider me an idiot

I just sent out PMs to 5 folks asking them to judge. They're all respected members of the community and most of them are former judges. If at least three of them agree to judge, We're using all of them that agree to judge. If we have less than three judges, I'll send out another round of PMs.

If you're still awake and reading this, you've got 40 minutes left by my clock before the submission deadline.

08 August 2006
I snagged up a spot, im done, just putting submission together

Last edited by Auctane : 08 August 2006 at 07:12 AM.

08 August 2006
So far two people have said they'll judge, one has declined, and I haven't heard from two others. Like I said before, if we don't get three judges out of this batch, I'll ask 5 more people.

08 August 2006
Guys since I haven't heard back from two folks I'm sending out another round of PMs asking for judges. By tuesday midnight I'm calling whatever we have as the final word. Does this sound good to anyone else?

08 August 2006
Talking

If you'll allow me to, I can be one of the judges. Since I couldn't participate, I can at least contribute in some way.

08 August 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread