Silo on Steam FTW!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2012
Silo on Steam FTW!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/100400/

amazing!

12 December 2012
It's nice how they're still trying to milk more money from it, after pretty much kicking their community in the face...

12 December 2012
I personally don't have the time and desire to hate, i prefer to focus on using the software, which is fuckin awesome! It works for me, it gets the job done, little do i care about constant promises of 'new presents' for the spoiled children that most companies use, to keep people F5ing the forum pages instead of working.

Last edited by outburner : 12 December 2012 at 10:56 AM.

12 December 2012
I am really considering grabbing it on Steam but the fact they didn't update it in ages kinda throws me off. Any idea when Nevercenter finally gives such a good tool finally a bit more love again ?

12 December 2012
Originally Posted by outburner: I personally don't have the time and desire to hate, i prefer to focus on using the software, which is fuckin awesome! It works for me, it gets the job done, little do i care about constant promises of 'new presents' for the spoiled children that most companies use, to keep people F5ing the forum pages instead of working.

Actually, I wasn't waiting for "new presents", but more bug fixes. It's nice how you assume others are spoiled children without knowing anything about them.

I found the software really buggy. It used to crash way to much for me. Don't get me wrong, Silo is an amazing modeller. Though there were still a lot of bugs they needed to squash.

Glad it worked well for you though.

12 December 2012
Its obvious that the original developers are not related to SILO anymore... the people that handle nevercenter now are not the same people. Silo works... yes it crashes, yes it has limitations, but works for me and thats its purpose.

These are the cars for Sonic & SEGA All Star Racing, made with Silo by then SUMO artist Antony Ward

12 December 2012
I sit between the both of you in my view of the situation. Silo is still awsome and I use it often but there are some annoying bugs/quirks/omisions that I'm sure wouldn't take too long to iron out.

The mirroring is one of the awsome things about the program but you do have to make sure it isn't bugging out and re-mirror from time to time as that is one of the main causes of crashes (for me anyway).

The more worrying thing is that it might at some point be incompatible with whatever operating system I end up using. That would be a scary day.

Thread Closed share thread