Old 11-01-2004, 11:22 PM   #16
Garciar
Frequenter

portfolio
Jose Fernando
illustrator, concept artist
Venezuela

Send a message via MSN to Garciar Send a message via Yahoo to Garciar
awesome painting!!!, i love the clothes effects, and she`s beautiful!

Old 11-02-2004, 02:18 AM   #17
Leonard
Jedi Master

portfolio
Leonard Teo
Montreal, Canada

Exclamation

I apologise if this rustles anyone's features. Our CGTalk policy changed last week now encourages that all artworks submitted to the site be completely original and not be derived from any commercial photography.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/posting/

Quote:
Important Notice - Commercial Derivatives

If your artwork is a derivative of a commercial work such as a professionally photographed person, please do not post this on CGTalk.

Derivatives are works that reference existing commercial works directly. Your work needs to be original, and not bear resemblance to any commercial work in existence. In order to protect artists, CGNetworks reserves the right to remove any work that is found to resemble a commercial work.

If you painted this image from a reference and it is directly derived from a commercial photograph of Zhang Ziyi, can you please say so? We will need to remove it if it is. Sorry.

Apologies if this rustles anyone's feathers, but we've been forced into a position now where we do need to be careful about what goes on site. Thanks for your understanding.

Leonard

Old 11-02-2004, 02:50 AM   #18
bubblelhy

well done

Old 11-02-2004, 03:50 AM   #19
JehutyVer2
Waiting to begin
James Newman
Assistant Client Advisor
Fields BMW of Winter Park
Orlando, USA

Awsome! The realism is amazing.

Old 11-02-2004, 04:50 AM   #20
vanderwolff
Giving Messrs. Logic and Reason a migraine

Stunning technique!!! Now I have no excuse to whine and wait until I get a wacom tablet....it's time to master the mouse, boyo!

Old 11-02-2004, 01:44 PM   #21
yhood

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard
I apologise if this rustles anyone's features. Our CGTalk policy changed last week now encourages that all artworks submitted to the site be completely original and not be derived from any commercial photography.

http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallery/posting/

If you painted this image from a reference and it is directly derived from a commercial photograph of Zhang Ziyi, can you please say so? We will need to remove it if it is. Sorry.

Apologies if this rustles anyone's feathers, but we've been forced into a position now where we do need to be careful about what goes on site. Thanks for your understanding.

Leonard

Dear supervisor Leonard ,
I'm a friend of hanminghui11, I'd like to talk about this picture objectively. First of all, the author of this picture didn't mean to do any commercial promotion. For the author himself, this picture is the best expression of his idea and nothion, he just drew the thing that he felt deeply at that time, alghough it's an imitation.I don't think there is anything to do with portraiture right. As a celebrity, it's the same for her to be drawn on the picture, or to be shot in a film.
I understand your feeling and your point of view,while deleting the picture still make me feel disappointed. It'll be very kind of you to consider my words and meanwhile replace the picture. My friend and I like this forum.

Old 11-02-2004, 01:46 PM   #22
yhood

Smile

I'm a friend of hanminghui11, I'd like to talk about this picture objectively. First of all, the author of this picture didn't mean to do any commercial promotion. For the author himself, this picture is the best expression of his idea and nothion, he just drew the thing that he felt deeply at that time, alghough it's an imitation.I don't think there is anything to do with portraiture right. As a celebrity, it's the same for her to be drawn on the picture, or to be shot in a film.
I understand your feeling and your point of view,while deleting the picture still make me feel disappointed. It'll be very kind of you to consider my words and meanwhile replace the picture. My friend and I like this forum.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:29 AM   #23
guanhong111
portfolio
Bryan Lim
illustrator cum graghic designer
advanced diploma
Sri kembangan, Malaysia

Send a message via ICQ to guanhong111 Send a message via AIM to guanhong111 Send a message via MSN to guanhong111 Send a message via Yahoo to guanhong111
so realristic . i like it !

Old 11-03-2004, 01:52 AM   #24
Totoro
I hate puppets

Puppetbrain -
NL

Send a message via MSN to Totoro
WOW!! Impressive photorealistic painting, especially the hand and face. It's a good resemblance of Zang Zi Yi

Old 11-03-2004, 03:24 AM   #25
ShadowElf

Good image, amazing hand ! ! It was difficult to draw a pic by mouse. You must be very patient. Awesome!

Old 11-03-2004, 03:41 AM   #26
Leonard
Jedi Master

portfolio
Leonard Teo
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhood

Can you please ask your friend to post his reference image?

Thank you

Old 11-03-2004, 03:43 PM   #27
Topspin
Veteran

portfolio
Didier Won Shoo Tong
looking for a job
La Rivière, Reunion

Send a message via MSN to Topspin
Excellent reproduction!! And with a mouse!
like the others, just need more reflections on the hair, but the face and the hand is great!

Old 11-03-2004, 06:40 PM   #28
hanminghui11
Veteran
portfolio
Hanminghui
A role of a game
Beijing, China

Send a message via MSN to hanminghui11
Zhang ziyi

Old 11-03-2004, 09:24 PM   #29
Leonard
Jedi Master

portfolio
Leonard Teo
Montreal, Canada

Exclamation

Please refer to this announcement and only post original works in future.

Thanks.

Thread Closed share thread