Quadruped, basic rigging Q, Lightwave HELP!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

02 February 2005
Quadruped, basic rigging Q, Lightwave HELP!

Ok, so im not sure quite how to word this but ill give it my best shot. Iv'e rigged a character before and run into this problem but I dont remember the solution. Im using Lightwave to rig. Iv'e got all the weighmaps and skelagons set up exactly how I want them in modeler. I sent the character to Layout and started the parenting process. As soon as I parent one of my legs to the hip my character deforms something crazy, the leg gets thrown up over the head. im not sure why. I thought it had something to do with parent in place being on or off. so I started the parenting process over with Parent In Place unchecked, it then threw my bones into weird places. Again, Iv'e solved this problem before but Im really stuck right now. If any of you rigging gurus could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I would post a picture, but I dont have the 30 posts neccessary. Thank you to anyone who answers.
  02 February 2005

well, I guess I posted the question too soon cause I just fixed my own problem. Turns out that I didn't have the character at 0,0,0. It was throwing everything whacky. I guess that i'll have this for reference if I ever run into the problem again. lol
  02 February 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread