voodoo WIP (advice please)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2014
voodoo WIP (advice please)

i really wanna make this one work, so i try to get the infrastructure right, ya know.
please give me some advice.

01 January 2014
The composition has some problems. You have some weird tangents where foreground and background shapes overlap in a manner that obscures the silhouette contour of both, thus creating readability problems. For example, the figure on the left--his right hand's fingers are overlapping a background shape in a way that they share the same edge. That's always a bad idea in composition. Same problem with the figure on the right--his raised right arm is sharing its contour edge with the staff in the foreground, and the hand holding the staff is also connected to the background figure's right shoulder. These are all accidental tangents, and you must pay attention to eradicate them from your compositions.

Anatomically, the background figure doesn't look as accurate as should be, and you should do more research on muscular/skeletal structures.

01 January 2014
Originally Posted by Lunatique: The composition has some problems. You have some weird tangents where foreground and background shapes overlap in a manner that obscures the silhouette contour of both, thus creating readability problems. For example, the figure on the left--his right hand's fingers are overlapping a background shape in a way that they share the same edge. That's always a bad idea in composition. Same problem with the figure on the right--his raised right arm is sharing its contour edge with the staff in the foreground, and the hand holding the staff is also connected to the background figure's right shoulder. These are all accidental tangents, and you must pay attention to eradicate them from your compositions.

Anatomically, the background figure doesn't look as accurate as should be, and you should do more research on muscular/skeletal structures.

Thanks! I will be aware of these problems in the future!

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread