Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
brant-loser
portfolio
brant Yang
shanghai, CN

Smile need advice on schools

I'm a student from china and want to go abroad and apply for, hopefully, a American school. Since I still hav a year to prepare for this important journey for me, I want advice on what major is better for me. Also, I will appreciate it if you can recommend some schools for me. Thanks!

Here is my deviantart page: brant-loser.deviantart.com
You can see my work there
Also, I'm working on anatomy recently. I've done a lotta hands, feet and figures studies. What else should I do if I want to apply for a college?

Thanks again for your patient!

Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
leigh
blahblah

CGSociety Staff
portfolio
Leigh van der Byl
A cog in the wheel
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom

What kind of job are you actually wanting to eventually get once you've finished studying?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
brant-loser
portfolio
brant Yang
shanghai, CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh
What kind of job are you actually wanting to eventually get once you've finished studying?

I'm willing to be a freelance illustrator or a concept designer. I know these two are different, but I wish I will be able to do both in the future.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
cgs-john
Veteran
John R.
Provo, USA

I think that one important question may be where do you intend to work when you are done with your degree? If you intend to return to China, which appears to be a growing market, you may benefit from attending school there and establish your networking there. Just a thought.

Also there is in the North and South America sub-forum, a North American school list. That may be a good place to start your research if you haven't seen it already.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
brant-loser
portfolio
brant Yang
shanghai, CN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs-john
I think that one important question may be where do you intend to work when you are done with your degree? If you intend to return to China, which appears to be a growing market, you may benefit from attending school there and establish your networking there. Just a thought.

Also there is in the North and South America sub-forum, a North American school list. That may be a good place to start your research if you haven't seen it already.

thanks for your advice! Ive found that sub-forum, and that was helpful.
I really want to attend a school and then work in America. Although the market in China is growing, the education system still has a long way to go. Few schools has CG related program, and the students' work is usually disappointing.Since i live in Shanghai, there are always opportunities for this kind of skill, whether im educated in China or not.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread