Old 01-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #91
LuckyBug
Building worlds

portfolio
Star Lord
DMP Environment Artist
MPC London
London, United%2BKingdom

Jar Jar Abrams is a good choice at the end because nobody wants that hot potato.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #92
Artbot
Mostly Harmless

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Richard Green
The Man Who Sold the World
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBug
Jar Jar Abrams is a good choice at the end because nobody wants that hot potato.

Well-put.

Also, check out Mark Hamill's fun visit to the Nerdist podcast. He has a few funny Star Wars stories and lots of talk about his voice work for games and television.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #93
Jules123
Expert
portfolio
Julian Bushell
Non-Multiplex Cinema
Croydon, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBug

Yes, but I don't expect defining episodes such as IV & V from Abrams. He's not that talented a director.

His version will be good at best. But nowadays we are so easy to praise mediocrity so I'm sure the new franchise will be a financial success.

Jules

Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #94
WyattHarris
Daddy x 4

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Wyatt Harris
WyattHarris.com
Baton Rouge, USA

Chris Hülsbeck provided a couple of good new pieces to accompany the staple John Williams score in the Rogue Squadron series. Felt like an extension of the Star Wars universe.

I'm both a Trek and Wars fan though I lean way heavy to the Wars side. I know those stories inside and out and can quote the entirety of A New Hope. (Give me a break, it was 1 of 2 Beta tapes we had growing up )
When JJ turned the entire Star Trek cannon on its ear it didn't bother me so much because I could hardly tell you what the Trek cannon is. The movies just didn't have the impact to me of needing to know what had happened before. Each was it's own individual story, much like a TV episode, and as long as you had the knowledge of the characters that was enough. However when Vulcan was destroyed even I was like... "Whoa, hang on you can't do that!"

I really really hope he doesn't do the same to Wars. That story is so entrenched it just seems like a bad idea to me. Then again, redoing I, II and III might not be so bad. And there was that alternate story that Gary Kurtz talked about. Hmm, now I don't know what I think.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #95
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread