portfolio
Linda Tso
freelancer
Auckland, New Zealand

At First Sight, Linda Tso (2D)

Title: At First Sight
Name: Linda Tso
Software: Photoshop

This is a picture to celebrate the arrival of spring here :) The style is typical of Taiwanese romance novel covers, something a little new for me. Done entirely in Photoshop, mostly airbrushed; the background flowers and leaves were manipped photos, I've also used some custom brushes. Iconsider this finished though I don't think I did that a great job on the hair volume definition... especially the highlights. If anyone can help it'll be appreciated. That's why I'm here ;)

Old 09-01-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
Neozoom
Tyler Durden
Vincent Verniers
Art Student
PARIS, France

Send a message via MSN to Neozoom
Cool

beautiful and nice tones of colors for this style...
But We always see a lot of faces of woman like this without any sens behind pictures...
why don't you try to make something different...
for me it is too smooth and need a lot of contrast and more color tones to add vitality and a meaning behind would be good...

a simple portrait even very well done is seen and re seen every day... quite boring...

anyway good work on this one

My Journey Begins Challenge Thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328222

Old 09-01-2004, 09:14 PM   #3
Dennik
Stuck in the 80s

portfolio
Dionysios N
3D Artist - Animator
Winston Salem, USA

I love it! You have grasped the mood completely, with her pose, her smile, the colors used and the composition in general. Her lips have an innocent feel to them and remind me of those lips Liv Tyler has.
Great work!

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:40 PM   #4
peachysticks
Frequenter
portfolio
Linda Tso
freelancer
Auckland, New Zealand

In case anyone else doesn't bother to read my description, this is meant to be really light and pastel-ish. It is in the style of the Taiwanese romance novel covers. These books are geared towards a young female audience, the subject of the painting/illustration has to be young and beautiful, because the target readers like to fantasize that they are the main female character in the books. The "portrait" itself may not have much meaning, other than serving as the portrait of the character in the book, but it is done in this specific way to get the purpose across. And to sell the book, of course.

If you can offer any technical criticism please do so, that's what I'm really looking for, not someone to tell me I should draw something else.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:39 PM   #5
Urrgos
Probably Colorblind

Randy
Canada

I think youve done a great job carrying over the style you were looking for. The soft colors and textures have a very romantic sensation. I like the details of the hair and jewelry, and I really like the look of the silken scarves. Anatomically, things are pretty solid, although I feel that her jawline is extended forward a bit too. You can see this starting with the cheekbone and tracing down to the chin. Pushing those features a fraction inward would provide a more purely feminine structure to her face (in my opinion). Id also decrease the visibility of the wrinkles at the base of her neck, as the rest of her body has a very soft and flawless appearance. Great work!

Urrgos

Old 09-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #6
thewicky
Frequenter

portfolio
Maya Bocheva
illustrator, animation director
Sofia, Bulgaria

Send a message via ICQ to thewicky Send a message via Yahoo to thewicky
I really think it's perfect that way.
I can't see anything wrong in the hair volume.
She is realy delicate !

Old 09-03-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
Neozoom
Tyler Durden
Vincent Verniers
Art Student
PARIS, France

Send a message via MSN to Neozoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachysticks
In case anyone else doesn't bother to read my description, this is meant to be really light and pastel-ish. It is in the style of the Taiwanese romance novel covers. These books are geared towards a young female audience

If you can offer any technical criticism please do so, that's what I'm really looking for, not someone to tell me I should draw something else.

You really did it for taiwanese novel? no...
So in the case it is not a request for something in this style you did this BY yourself only for Yourself and I say u it is quite uninteresting... well done in the style but really without something special that do difference between what is art and not... that's all...

So for the last time... I READ your description... and I know well your other works... and the best advice i say you... IS in the case you don't do payed jobs for something in a special style try to do something original... you have good talent to paint... a lot of people have great ideas and don't know paint as well as you... take exemple on illustmaster on gfx...

My Journey Begins Challenge Thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328222

Old 01-19-2006, 04:00 AM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread