Where do I need to improve?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Smile Where do I need to improve?

Hi there,

This is my first digital caricature painting of fellow caricature artist on photoshop CS and my first post here. I am not satisfied with the result. Please guide me on where do I need to pay attention and how can I improve that. Any feedback is very appreciated. Thanks.

06 June 2007
i think you've done a good job capturing the personality.
the only problem is the picture is to well lit. decide where the light is coming from and add shadows..

Watch My Journey Challange Entry

06 June 2007
Thanks

OMG !! You are right. I was so into following reference picture. Thank you for your input. I appreciated.

Tenzin

07 July 2007
i agree with more dramatic lighting and also think you should get wackier with it. i would increase his forehead size and tigthen up his chin, like a 70-30 ratio, its a good general number for distorting caricatures.

07 July 2007
Got it

Thanks realghostbuster, it is always a challenge to strech the distinctive feature and still retain the likeness. Appreciate your input. I was wondering more about rendering, now it looks like I need to change to more coarse brush and add some noise to remove that clean digital look.

07 July 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread