CGTalk > Techniques > Anatomy and Figurative Art > References, Resources, and Supplies
Login register
reply share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 04-25-2012, 03:27 AM   #91
Richard Haddad
Originally Posted by parka81
Bridgman's books are more for conceptualizing mass and form.

(All links below are to some pictures of the books on my blog.)

Goldfinger's Human Anatomy for Artist is a comprehensive anatomy reference book. It shows lots of individual parts in drawings and accompanying photos. What's lacking might be whole figure illustrations.

Classic Human Anatomy by Valarie Winslow is pretty good. It shows the essentials that contribute to surface form. For the price, it's well worth the money.

Another reference book you want to check out should be Human Anatomy for Artists by Andras Szunyoghy. Very big and detailed illustrations.

I can't say about Albinus on Anatomy because I don't have that book yet. But I've seen a few pictures before and they look great.

I have to second your opinion on Classic Human Anatomy by Valarie Winslow

I have this book and it is really really good. I can't stress that enough. It goes through the skull, torso, arms, hands, legs, and feet picking out the bones as well as showing its structure in front, back and side view in skeletal and muscular forms.
Check out Kredentis Blogs | Art Book Reviews and Other Art Related Things.
Check out Kredentis Art | My Art Journey.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #92
morteza shad
no trace designers
mashhad, Iran
Give Me Some Advise

I'm just looking to a few free books can be found through internet. I guess 1 or 2 references are enough. is it possible?
can you give me the links? I've red your references. but they're too much. as you said it's not necessary to read all but which of them are the best? can i download them free?
Old 07-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #93
Michelle Scott
Chicago, USA
Figure Drawing Books

I didn't see that anyone had posted this, so I thought I would mention that if you are doing Figure Drawing, the book Figure Drawing: Design and Invention by Michael Hampton is an excellent resource, works like a class, and is much used by many in the illustration/concept art industry. It goes into gesture drawing and drawing the figure and is also works through analytical figure drawing which deals with the actual breakdown of anatomy within the figure.

I have also found the Force series by Mike Mattesi a great resource for animating and concept art, though the style is admittedly looser and less anatomical.
reply share thread