CGTalk > Main > Education
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 04-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Hurkel
portfolio
Navve
Stockholm, Sweden

Help with which education I should pick.

Hey!

I need some help with what I should do. I want to study animation with a focus on film industry and not game. And I would appreciate if the program teaches some drawing.
And I know of the fact that its up to me whether I develop my skills or not. But at the same time I would prefer knowing that the school is good and that the teaching is on a high level. The tricky part is that I live in Sweden and basically animation with focus on the film industry is nothing they have here as a study, so whatever I choose I will have to go overseas. Best one I know thats near to Sweden is animation workshop in Denmark, but their intake is waay over my skill level, they have alot of focus on your drawing skill which is what I don't have.
And I'm not interested to go to USA, which probably should be my first choice due to the industry, but I'm just not ready for the USA yet. :P
I have applied for Media design school in New Zealand, but I don't know if its good or not?!
Or if you guys have a better idea on another school, thats not in the US.
I thought I was sure about MDS but I'm getting a bit cold feets and would like to know what you guys think about the school.

Grateful for any answer!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #2
Rexonox
portfolio
Negm
Cairo, Egypt

Hey man i know EXACTLY how you feel. I live in Cairo Egypt and there are literally no decent schools here or anywhere near here that teach this. Instead of reposting what I said before, I'll just paste the link below for a post I made almost a year ago.

You should consider online schools

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...ight=CGSpectrum

Old 05-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread