CGTalk > Software > Autodesk 3ds max
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
BennyHeng
portfolio
Benny Heng
Singapore, Singapore

Help please can`t open scene file( 3ds max 2012 )

I'm using 3ds max 2012 ( Vray for my work ) then whenever i want to open my scene file i keep getting "An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred since your last save." then it will auto close.

I tried merging it also but it won't load instead keep hanging. I did try merging 1 small part by small part also. But same thing happened also. ( By small part i mean like 1 or 2 thing per time )

Computer spec : Windows 7 running on macbook pro 16gb ram ( Windows 7 8 gb ram mac 8gb ram )

The file I'm trying to merge is about 100-240 mb i tried waiting also but it just can`t load.

( Oh yeah, before opening it on my this 3ds max 2012 i was able to open ( Merge ) on my pervious 2010 but then i no longer have it. )

I can`t upload my scene file also ... as i guess i just created my account only and this my first post..

*Updated

Hello guys thanks very much for helping. I located the problem . Mainly is with the ram instead of 8gb ram i have they send 5-6gb to hardware reserve making my file lacking of ram to open it and causing it to crash.

Sorry for troubling you guys thanks very much!

Last edited by BennyHeng : 01-08-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
zoubein
Expert

portfolio
Zoubein Rana
East London, United Kingdom

If this is the only file thats crashing Max then most likely your file is corrupt. In the past when this has happened to me and I have no autoback or files to roll back to. I have imported the objects in one by one till I find the offending one this way I have manged to rescue a file partially.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
darthviper107
Expert

portfolio
Zachary Brackin
3D Artist
Precocity LLC
Dallas, USA

Try to open the Maxback.bak file in the Autoback folder, it will contain the last file you saved. If that doesn't work either, try right-clicking on the file, go to Properties and then go to the Previous Versions tab, Windows 7 has a backup system and if it's turned on it might have a saved non-corrupted file.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread