Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 04-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #91
ashakarc
timeTraveller

Ali Shakarchi
Canada

Quote:
I remember watching a program on educational TV about the ""Greatful Dead" band and how they had once tried to make use of the "wind" in one particular song. Real life wind. It was apparent that they where using of some "other" scientific forces.

We 3d artist do need to use "purple haze" tech to ad the forces of nature to our artwork. Hehehe. We all are 3d artist right? Or am I missing something?

Let's try to have fun with this please folks?

I am having difficulty comprehending your view on the matter. This is not even a rhetoric, rather it is Sophism. Sorry for that, but Socrates preferred to take poison than acknowledging Sophists. It's no fun!

Old 04-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #92
JA-forreal
Itchy render fingers

3d Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashakarc
I am having difficulty comprehending your view on the matter. This is not even a rhetoric, rather it is Sophism. Sorry for that, but Socrates preferred to take poison than acknowledging Sophists. It's no fun!

"We 3d artist 'don't ' need to use "purple haze" tech to 'add' the forces of nature to our artwork. Hehehe. We all are 3d artist right? Or am I missing something?"- I will let you investigate this one.

Have fun!

Old 04-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #93
ambient-whisper
Gone travelling :D

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Martin Krol
Pixomondo
Canada

ill let you limit yourself to being a 3d artist.. ill keep working in all sorts of different mediums to keep the whole art thing interesting to me.

Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #94
JA-forreal
Itchy render fingers

3d Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient-whisper
ill let you limit yourself to being a 3d artist.. ill keep working in all sorts of different mediums to keep the whole art thing interesting to me.

You could say that 3d arts goal is to involve everything visual, audible, emotional, scientific, etc into it's concepts. Everything from creating digital actors for films with powerful personalities to rag doll in game physics shows evidence of this. I won't ever lose interest in being a 3d artist. I wonder what medium 3d art will cover next?

Has anyone thought of bringing Beethoven's symphony experience back to life in a realtime photo-real 3d technology simulation? You know, with the "Man" of the hour, the visual environments of the period, the sounds, etc?

It would something to sit back and watch and pan the symphony hall to check out the details of this experience as the concerto proceeds. Wouldn't it be cool to have total control over this experience, have the options of picking the order of instruments that are used in a piece, etc? Then we could hear how the music changes after our alterations.

Who said that classical art is dead?

We 3d are just getting our feet wet with 3d design media, games and films. What's next? I will leave that up to the tech folks. We want to discuss the art here.
Have fun!

Old 04-14-2005, 08:14 PM   #95
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread