Siggraph, Siggraph...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Continuumx: I saw this new browser listed as a feature of the new BP2.5. Is it part of Core as well.

Yes, it is.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by ascent: Well - consider *why* they're used in games. Speed is the obvious answer, but why is it fast? Because it doesn't have to re-calculate everything each frame.

Speed and memory conservation. Newer graphics cards like the ATI X800 have hardware normal map compression. Its also a lot faster to apply skeletal deformation to a 1,500 poly game model then apply a normal map to make it look like 100,000 polys than the other way around. Takes a lot of load off the CPU.

08 August 2005
Cool, just got word that the upgrade price from 9.1 Studio Bundle to 9.5 Studio bundle is $295. In the US anyway.

08 August 2005
Quote: I can't say, what the price will be in MAXON UK or MAXON USA, but MAXON Germany plans to sell the upgrade from R9 to R9.5
- for 171,552 Euro (excl. VAT) if you don't have the module Advanced Render
- for 257,769 Euro (excl. VAT) if you have the module Advanced Render

Then we will offer 3 special upgrades:
- from R7 XL to R9.5 incl. Advanced Render 2.5 for 688,793 Euro (excl. VAT)
- from R8.x to R9.5 incl. Advanced Render 2.5 for 602,586 Euro (excl. VAT)
- from R9 to R9.5 incl. Advanced Render 2.5 for 473,276 Euro (excl. VAT)

The update of BodyPaint 3D R2 stand-alone to BP 3D R2.5 stand-alone will cost 85,345 (excl. VAT).

For other prices, please contact MAXON directly via email/phone.

Edited:
I would like to add that these prices are preliminary until they are published in the MAXON shop.

From the "ask your 9.5 questions here" thread, which was started by a Maxon employee.

I agree, not too bad. For the baking features alone I would pay that, the other improvements are bonus for me.

08 August 2005
Now I just need to know when I can preorder it

08 August 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread