Vray flickering in animation - what am I doing wrong?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #16
Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for the picture was too small.

Here is the link.
Prepass Setting: http://postimg.org/image/qqu9s6yp7/
Final Image Setting: http://postimg.org/image/izm4ww4gn/

Actually I used the same setting on spot 3D tutorial. But the problem is still here.

Also, I just know I can use the Irradiance map view to see both the IR map and LC map. It is quite interesting because I thing the problem was caused by the LC map setting. Am I right? Please take a look of it.

http://postimg.org/image/vf1g42qoh/

As you see in the image, the LC map looks like abnormal. The "Point" is quite big when compared with IR map. I also set the Brute force as Primary and Light Cache as Secondary. The problem is still here. Then I only use Brute force for the Primary and Secondary set none. And everything look alright! No flickering any more.

So, do you know there are something wrong on my LC map?Is it abnormal?
Thanks you once again for your help.

Old 04 April 2013   #17
What you see is just a presentation. The real data I believe are just points with no size.

Old 04 April 2013   #18
I am a beginner of using vray. Would you mind to explain more about the" just a points with no size? Thank you so much!

Old 04 April 2013   #19
Irradiance map is a map of points in 3D space, each point storing how bright the GI is at that particular spot.

Under irradiance setting you'll see an option "Interp. samples". That is the number of points Vray will blend together to compute the final brightness of any particular spot. Try set it to 1 and you'll see, Vray will not blend any points at all.

Last edited by Panupat : 04 April 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Old 04 April 2013   #20
That mean the value in my setting is not enough? Higher value will get the better
result?
But is there any problem in my LC map?

Thanks

Last edited by abc001101 : 04 April 2013 at 07:27 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #21
Have you tried the 2 pass workflow I suggested?

I cannot tweak the settings for you. You need to understand what they do and tweak it on your own. So head over to spot3d and read the docs.

Old 04 April 2013   #22
I have tried those methods on spot3D and it didn't work! That why I come to here and ask for help.

I posted the result on the YouTube. Also, my setting is the same on spot3D.

Old 04 April 2013   #23
Panupat, thanks for the info. I have tried the 2 pass workflow you have suggested and I still have some weird flickering noise. It definitely helped but it didn't eliminated it. What else do you think could cause noise, please?

Old 04 April 2013   #24
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread