Perspective divisions help

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Perspective divisions help

Hello all I am trying to see if I am doing divisions correctly in perspective. I have attached and image to this post to see if anyone can help.

Here is and example link of what I based the image(attachement) off of http://vrcoll.fa.pitt.edu/medart/im...BondGA101-s.jpg

not so much as the angle but trying to get the columns to receed into space. I did 2 units for each arch space and 1 unit for each column. Just not sure if this is the correct way to go about drawin columns and arches going back into perspective.

The blue lines represent the column position and the read x's above represent the arch way opening space.

Please feel free to edit the attachment thanx for any help of links to help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg perspective copy.jpg (49.4 KB, 65 views)

10 October 2005
I'm no master of perspective but this looks good to me. The only thing I could recommend is that arches are more like ellipses, the divisions you've made may end up looking more roof-like than the curve of an arch. Looking at it again though, your divisions can work too. It would just be more of a faster curve if an ellipse was draw in the red box. I just picked up an excellent book on perspective (link) that discussed a lot of topics than just what the title describes. It's bee very helpful.

Good luck!

--Roger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg perspective-copy.jpg (47.9 KB, 44 views)

10 October 2005
Hello rogfa thanx for the thumbnail edit and reply, definitly going to try and get that book you gave the link to looks like it would help me alot.

I just needed some re-assurance i was creating the depth corectly.

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread