CGTalk > WIP > WIP/Critique: Animation
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Elmar Evers
Concept Artist
C4Real Promotion Movie

Hey guys,

I'll start with a short introduction. I'm currently employed at a 3D animation studio called C4Real. Together with a colleague I'm working on a promotion project for our Studio. It's a short movie which explains our added value to our potential customers. We're doing it with the help of a comical duo - two characters I designed for C4Real - to spice it up a little.

Since I've mostly been working on art, storyboards and 3D stills I'm pretty new to the world of character animation. I sketched the characters and turned 'em into 3D. Together with my colleague we set up a decent rig with some facial expressions. After that was done I went on to the animation stage. The blocking went okay but after turning things into splines (just from blocking to linear splines) things got nasty. To achieve the extra spice I needed for this movie instead of turning it into crap I'd like to receive some feedback from you guys.

For now there are 3 shots I'm working on.

Shot 1:
This is where our showreel gets interrupted by one of the characters. A voice over tells that its not about how great things look. It is all about understanding the story and the added value of it.

Shot 2:
The voice over continues with telling that we make movies about anything related to products, processes and organisations. At the end of the shot, the big guy turns on a huge tv to watch some of our cases.

Shot 3:
After the movie about the cases, the two guys show the advantages of hiring us by holding up signs.

What do you thing about the animations so far? Really looking forward for some feedback!

Last edited by ElmarEvers : 02-25-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread