Cinema 4D Users Poll [How Important is Mesh Surgery Update for Cinema 4D R9]

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you want to see a version of Mesh Surgery that works in Cinema 4D R9?
No, I have no desire to purchase 5 21.74%
Yes, I would gladly purchase 18 78.26%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
Cinema 4D Users Poll [How Important is Mesh Surgery Update for Cinema 4D R9]

This poll is only to gauge the active support from the C4D User Community for an update that enables Mesh Surgery to work with C4D Release 9.

Please vote with respect and ohonesty.

Last edited by Continuumx : 10 October 2004 at 10:26 PM.

10 October 2004
For the Record:

This poll while numerically interesting is not needed to motivate the Third Party team.
At the bottom of the page:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...09&page=4&pp=51

Last edited by RangTang : 10 October 2004 at 11:10 PM.

10 October 2004
That, and the poll doesn't distinguish between purchasing an upgrade to MS for R9 vs. MS full.

10 October 2004
i currently own MS but not stormc therefore
all the above..i would gladly purchase MS update dependant on price. I would do the same for a V2 should that be released but also depending on the toolset offered. But I don't have R9 so its kinda a mute point for me at the moment.

Henry Moore

10 October 2004
I definitely realize that there will be a Mesh Surgery for R9. But I think it would still be good to see just how large the potential support is for such a version.

The price thing, I was going to include but it would make the poll a little more complex than it needed to be.

I think there would need to be a new poll created with preference for a price for compatibility for R9. As the function of this poll was merely to indicate potential interest from the user side.

That said, I would be very interested in how the new version will fare with new options proposed and the fee involved. Mesh Surgery as a concept and a tool made R8 and R8.5 a worthy combination.

I think Mesh Surgery should come in two new flavors. One that bridges compatibility with R9 and just gives a blend of R9 tools and MS.

The next flavor could be R2 which could propose even newer mind blowing features as there are many things under the sun that could be added to make modeling an ever more enjoyable art! Like stronger selection set tools ala Modo [Soccer Ball Demo] I would love to pick one vertices and then have the program search for other vertices like the one I just selected that has a certain number of neighboring points.

10 October 2004
sorry guys I just closed the other one, lets be frank, its getting us no where we are all waisting our time with banter, Third Party has made an announcment you can check their site and forum to see it, lets leave it at that.

Thread Closed share thread