Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Kamil Rutkiewicz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2004   #166
Excellent and innovative.

Old 06 June 2004   #167
Thumbs down

In answer to question Element5, i didnt make it through bud. Im really bummed about the whole thing since i know a lot of the guys around here where following my progress and i just crashed and burned. Its not a total loss, i will definately finish it but now i can take my time, dont have to rush it and i can use it in my folio. Im pround of what ive done to some extent but it would have been REALLY nice to have got it in.

Bascially my story was that Thursday (this is all in adelaide time) i worked on it after work and i was up till about 5:00am friday morning, had 2hours sleep and went into work.

At work on firday things where kinda slow so i took the opportunity to work on it during the day...5:30pm friday hit work finished. Instead of deciding to go home after work and loose time with my 1hour drive back home i stayed at work and pushed on through the night on the image

By 2:00am i was really feeling out of it and wasnt necessarily as productive as i would like to have been...but i kept going. I knew 9:30am Saturday morning was the deadline so as i mentioned i wanted to keep going till the end until i knew for sure i wasnt going to be able to submit my final coloured work.

By 8:00am i know i was out of it...that was the clincher.

1hour and 30minutes left and i was kaput, i knew i wasnt going to make it. So thats it...sorry i didnt make it, i would have loved to have been in the comp. But i definatley realise now that i took too long to make some decisions and in the end that was my downfall.

I am still extremely glad that i was a part of the competition as i made some really great new friends, which i still hope to see around in these great forums. I am really looking forward to the next competition whatever it may be and i look forward to seeing more amazingly tallented people submiting their works and motivating/pushing each other to do better and be better.

I once again want to thank everybody who came by to take a look at my stuff, it was really appreciated. I want to wish everyone the best of luck in the comp whoever the judges choose, i know, will be fully deserving of the prize. Congrats to everybody who made it and goodluck.

SO in the end...i want to encourage everybody to keep drawing, keep painting keep doing whatever will make you better and smarter at doing the work you love. Have an great week and an excellent day...Catch you around the forums.

Kamil aka. "sketchfiend"

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 06 June 2004   #168
Was sad to hear u didnt make it, U gave it ur best shot.... will be waiting to see it when u post it in the 2D finished forum. Well i hope we can keep in touch seeing u r practically a neighbour....lol
Adelaide Rocks!!! :-)

Take care
Mark

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 06 June 2004   #169
Originally Posted by element5: Was sad to hear u didnt make it, U gave it ur best shot.... will be waiting to see it when u post it in the 2D finished forum. Well i hope we can keep in touch seeing u r practically a neighbour....lol
Adelaide Rocks!!! :-)

Take care
Mark

Thanks a lot mate...practically a neighbour? for sure... considering adelaide is so small, ive probably met you before but just havent realised it. You know how it is...the whole 6 degrees of separation thing. I have a friend, who knows a friend, whos friend knows a person and that person knows you. That kind of thing...LOL.

So yeah for sure, will definately keep in touch and when i do finish the image and im happy with it i will post i up in the 2D section. Thanks again bud... have a good one.

Old 06 June 2004   #170
Sorry to hear you didn't make it....This was certainly one of the best in the competition, so it's a real shame....keep working on it and post it soon, so we can all see the final piece...

keep going, hope you got some sleep and see you in the next challenge

Old 06 June 2004   #171
ah well sorry to hear that u did'nt make it pal.. but still got some good stuff for folio. i post the final image in last 3 min. i could'nt have time to blend my creature into dark so its not lookin cool though. anyway hope to see you in another challange..

Old 06 June 2004   #172
Well...one can only wait until u finish ur piece anyways

Sad u didnt made it before deadline, but ur story is way to familiar. Things almost chrashed for me too, but i did upload a final..now my big trouble is that i dont have a fpc server...
I still think ur piece will be awesome and i hope to se it either in the wip forum or that finished work forum

Old 06 June 2004   #173
Hey Sketchfiend, yup, real sorry to hear, still it was great to have you in the competition, can't wait for the final image as usual, looking forward to it. Untill then, have a good one.

Old 06 June 2004   #174
hey sketchfiend!!

Unlucky... it's a shame you couldn't be in with the judging!! I can really emapathise with you (i got my entry in with 1 minute 30 seconds remaining!!?) on the deadline, and realise it must have felt just terrible as you realised you couldn't make it.

I had quite a major crash 3 hours before the deadline and lost nearly an hour's work plus fifteen minutes with the actual crash. I was really struggling but just got it done. Although i would definitely have preferred to have another day to look at it with fresh eyes and make any changes...

I'm sure there'll be some more challenges ahead though... and next time we should probably 'pretend' the deadline is a week earlier than it actually is!!

But... like you say... it's been a great challenge and there's been some fantastic camaraderie. So it ain't all bad....?

I look forward to seeing something finished in one of the other forums...?

Old 06 June 2004   #175
Thumbs down Thanks Mates!!

Thanks a lot guys i appreciate the sentiments , i will definately be planning much further ahead next time, and hopefully ill be in the next challenge from the start not from the middle.

I havent worked on the image since that fateful day but i will get back onto it tonight and chip away at it, take my time and do all the things i would have liked to do and that now i have the time, i can do.

You all definately have my vote, and not only because we are bascially comrades/friends but because i really like your style, skill, and thought that you put into your ideas. Congrats again. I wish i could share a BEER!!! with you all but with the forum upgrade they took away that particular smiley

So have a good one Guys and i will keep you updated. Thanks again, and i hope to catch you guys around.

Old 07 July 2004   #176
Thumbs up

Sorry to see you run out of time. The image is really starting to look exciting, the colours are fantastic.

Make sure you post the final sometime on this site.

Good luck with whatever industry you are lending your skills to.

Old 01 January 2006   #177
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread