NASA and Amiga history meet in an eBay listing

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

12 December 2017
NASA and Amiga history meet in an eBay listing

Seller vrus currently lists an Amiga 2500 used by NASA's Telemetry Lab for sale. How can anyone be certain this 1980s workhorse came from the US government? Well, the device is emblazoned with NASA property seals that seem tomatch tagsfound on other decommissioned NASA hardware. vrus also includes screenshots of programs on the computer that appear to be registered to a Dave Brown (HotHardware notesBrown wasa principal programmeratCape Canaveral's telemetry lab in the 1990s as per a 1999 Q&A with NASA retireeHal Greenleeand comments from Greenlee in the "Amigas at NASA" video below).

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...n-ebay-listing/
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

12 December 2017
Lucky me still has kept his fully expanded Amiga 2000 ( + original A2630 68030 CPU board + A2058 8MB memory expansion card + original Commodore SCSI controller Card + Flickerfixer ) somewhere at my parents home ... Just let's hope that they don't throw it away without telling me ;-)

PowerPreview: High Quality Nitrous Previews for 3ds Max 2012|2013|2014

[ Free Download (ScriptSpot) ]

Home of The Frogs | Online Portfolio

12 December 2017
Sitting right now about 2' from my (dormant) Amiga 2000; VXL 68030@50MHz, 2MB Agnes, 11MB RAM, Live! 2000, WB 2.04, aka the reason I am posting in this forum today.

12 December 2017
What I would do for a specced-out Amiga with a video-toaster myself but I have expenses that come first.

*Sigh*

12 December 2017
I have an A500 with Monitor sitting on my wall shelf. Haven't turned it on in years, but it probably still works.

reply share thread