Very ODD Flicker in Arch Walkthrough

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2013
Very ODD Flicker in Arch Walkthrough

Hey All,

Hope someone can help me with this. This is the first time i am getting this ODD Issue with walkthrough rendering.

I am attaching a small chunk of the animation.
I am using Vray 2.40.
There is some kind of Texture and shadow flicker happening in every kind of renderings.
I use net render with approx 10 Render Systems for these.

Hope to get some help very soon.

LINK

11 November 2013
Not a solution, but a hint.

First find out which frames are different (brighter/darker). Then look in the render protocol which
computer rendered that frame. Then inspect if the installation is totally identical.
Try to render a sequence without that slave.

11 November 2013
Hey captain brainiac,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

I actually tried doing that. But the problem is that its not the particular system thats doing that. I have brighter and darker outputs from same machines. Its annoying and frustrating. I have never faced this problem before. I think it might be the 3ds Max service packs i just installed few weeks back [but just a thought]. Cant find a way to uninstall them , so going to unistall and install the Max again on all the systems. Lets see...
anyways thanks man...

Nitesh Srivastava

11 November 2013
i presume you are working wth cached lighting solutions (pre rendered file) and not using iray
or vray rt.

Well i had that too that sometime in a render queue some picshave a different gamma.

it never occured again..no solution till today.

Well sherlock homes.. i hope you'll find a clue!

C U

11 November 2013
Originally Posted by nitz3D: I think it might be the 3ds Max service packs i just installed few weeks back [but just a thought]
you may be onto something. when we upgraded to 2014 we had SP1 installed from the start. Later when I was testing SP3 (skipped SP2) i noticed that one of the nodes was rendering darker (or lighter can't remember) because it had a different service pack.

Also FYI i think you can uninstall a service pack by going to programs and features and clicking on "view installed updates" on the left

11 November 2013
Originally Posted by Gravey: you may be onto something. when we upgraded to 2014 we had SP1 installed from the start. Later when I was testing SP3 (skipped SP2) i noticed that one of the nodes was rendering darker (or lighter can't remember) because it had a different service pack.

Also FYI i think you can uninstall a service pack by going to programs and features and clicking on "view installed updates" on the left

Hey Thanks Gravey,

trying to uninstalling service pack and rendering.. Lets see..

will let everyone know if i found the solution.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread