Dndd (a Scent Of Fantasy), Aldaryn (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
I just canít believe that it is 3-D. I would like to see some wire-frames, just for my own pessimistic look on life. Until then, nice photograph.

03 March 2004
Very realistic... but why only 20 sided dices? Reality is made of variety. Uniformity is an easier way to model, but it results in a rather boring image...

Your technical knowledge is quite good, so add more creativity...

03 March 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Horik
I just canít believe that it is 3-D. I would like to see some wire-frames, just for my own pessimistic look on life. Until then, nice photograph.

He wrote it on the first page:

http://www.artistpub.hu/content/miscimages/19/719_l.jpg
http://www.artistpub.hu/content/miscimages/20/720_l.jpg

03 March 2004
Well...to tell the truth, After modelling the d20's I got quite bored,... :) Wanted to do some variety, lol, it was even the main concept, to modell a set of dice (not to do this image), but folks seeing the WIP said: "Hey, quite nice, why don't ya modell some environment, or a scene? " So, I've endeed up tweking lightning, drawing pictures, modelling tiny decoration on leather bags... :) And got quite bored and tired all the way, so, I think, this is why the other type o' dice are missing. :) Not if it were more than a couple minutes to do one, just, I don't wanna, it's finished... Idunno... :) Like the thickness of the bag. I'ts just a solidify mod, so, to add more thickness, I would only need to spin a spinner, but somehow,... :)

Maybe next time. :)

P.S.: wires are uploaded! Just read back a few pages.
Edit: Hey, thanks Youth for the links. I was too lame to copy here the URLs.

03 March 2004
I am amazed

Very nice!!! I am impressed. It is one of the best 3d renders I have seen on this forum or any other forum. I stand mistaken.

08 August 2004
TYHose are excellent. I have the same dice. Different colors but the same. I might model some now. Great job.

08 August 2004
Can always do with more dice : ) Very realistic. The render is stunning, and deffinetly makes me think of when I play.

Sanby

08 August 2004
Hťhť,
Remind me, lots of good ol' gnoll hunt and missed spells
Very realistic image, grats

10 October 2004
Thumbs up Nice

what king of shadows do you use? is too realistic, and would i know haw do you make the paper texture?

thanks

very nice work

10 October 2004
The scene was fully "raytraced", so shadows are raytraced shadows. To light things up I've used a HDRI image as an ambient (the well known kitchen.hdr, :o) However, it was kinda "new" fab when this image was rendered, so I can say, that this was my first glance at HDR technology :o) ) to get some nice colors, and some key lights (actually, matched to the HDR image environment) to get sharper shadows, and faster caustics.

The paper has a procedural bumpmap, a combination of several noise procedural shaders, and a diffuse color shader (a bitmap). Thats all. Some noise on the surface is modelled.

A.

08 August 2005
Thumbs up Awesome!

Five *s! It's better than in the real life!!!

Excellent work! It should be on the front page and in the gallery!!!
It's nice to know, there are so perfect CG professionals in Hungary!!! And it's a great inspiration for me too!!!

One question: How did you make that perfect wires? Did you do it with and edge-plug-in, or how?

ui: van a magyar 3D-seknek valami jol bejaratott foruma, vagy ide irogat mindenki?

- music - webdesign - 3D -
www.attiladeak.com

08 August 2005
Hey, thanks man, but chill! This thread is now in the "CG Choice Gallery", so, like all the other pictures in there, it ahs been on the front page for a while, and I've got my Award for it. But all this was a really long, long time ago.

All the modelling was done with MAX's built in tools, actually nothing fancy at all. ( Actually there's nothing special at all about this pic, but ppl like it for some odd reason. )

10 October 2005
Can't possibly express how stunning the render is. So simple and yet so impressive. However, your highres links are dead and your website doesn't seem to work, and I'm dying to put this on my dual display .

10 October 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread