R18 SP3 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: Well I updated and now on every start C4D crashes and I get the macOS crash report panel. If I open the program again from the Dock it simply crashes again, but if I click 'reopen' it works. Any ideas?

macOS 10.12.4 or newer, NVIDIA card AND NVIDIA Web (downloaded) driver maybe? The later one has a bug, triggering a crash on program start - which either can be avoided by switching back to Apple's NVIDIA driver (until a fixed NVIDIA driver is out) or by removing the*libosmesa.dylib (in resource/libs/osx/mesa/).

If that ain't your issue, submit the crash report to Maxon.

Best regards,

Wilfried

07 July 2017
Yeah, I'm running a GTX 980Ti. My system hasn't been the same since I upgraded to macOS Sierra and the new Nvidia drivers - wish I hadn't bothered to be honest. Can't wait to upgrade to a newer machine!

Also, I thought the mesa issues had been resolved?

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Darth Mole: Yeah, I'm running a GTX 980Ti. My system hasn't been the same since I upgraded to macOS Sierra and the new Nvidia drivers - wish I hadn't bothered to be honest. Can't wait to upgrade to a newer machine!

Also, I thought the mesa issues had been resolved?

It has been fixed by Apple for their NVIDIA drivers, but the fix didn't make it into the drivers you can download on nvidia.com (esp. for NVIDIA cards Apple doesn't support yet).

Best regards,

Wilfried

07 July 2017
"Fixed an issue with Line Cut and Cut Visible Only"

HOORAY! Thank you! This one has bitten me (and many others) before. Glad it's fixed.

07 July 2017
Anyone perceiving a performance difference in main viewport on macOS 10.12+?
Hard to tell from the notes but may have just been bug fixes not performance improvements to GL.

07 July 2017
Originally Posted by Blinny: Anyone perceiving a performance difference in main viewport on macOS 10.12+?
Hard to tell from the notes but may have just been bug fixes not performance improvements to GL.

It had been performance improvements as well. Esp. noticable if you animate in all 4 views.

Best regards,

Wilfried

reply share thread