How Do I Resize Tangent Handles in Graph Editor?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
How Do I Resize Tangent Handles in Graph Editor?

Hi All,

I'm new to Maya (for the second time) and also to this forum.

Is there a way to resize key and tangent handles in the Graph Editor to make them easier to select? I'm talking about those little squares, just to be as clear as possible.

I'm finding it difficult to select them. Almost every time I try, I'm not quite close enough and end up missing. I've discovered that drag-selecting works better, but a one-click solution would be great.

I didn't see anything in Preferences that addresses this and Google-ing didn't yield anything helpful either.

Even if I have to hand-roll something with MEL or hand-edit a prefs file somewhere, I'm game. I just need a bit of direction.

02 February 2013
No one knows?

Or isn't it possible?

02 February 2013
I spend a lot of time in Mayas graph editor and honestly it's never occurred to me that they need to be bigger and I'm not aware of a preference for it. You don't actually need to click right on the handle, you can just click near it and drag over, then let go of the mouse button/lift the pen and the handles you dragged over are selected.

Cheers,
Brian

02 February 2013
Thanks for the reply, Brian. I have been practicing with it and maybe it's just me. Likely. I suppose it's not that different from the one I'm used to in Blender.

BTW, that's a really handy script you wrote (bhghost). Would I be stepping on your toes if I wrote something similar for Blender? I would certainly make sure it's well known that it was your script that inspired me.

-Ron T.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread