3D coor.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Question 3D coor.

Hi All:

Has anyone ever seen a LS or plugin that takes the XYZ,HPB data and copies it into another location. Let me explain further, I have a point at a XYZ location in a model. I want to copy (like Cut,Copy,Paste) all three values and use that data to place a object/model in layout at those three values. Do you understand what I am asking for? I can do it one at a time with Cut,Copy,Paste but I need to do a lot and want to speed thing up by doing the XYZ at once.

Don

06 June 2005
Hi Don,

I haven't tried it, but I just noticed this posted on Flay, which might do the trick:

http://www.butterflynetrender.com/swapper.html

-Jamie

06 June 2005
You could try and see if these will work. They are One Touch Editors.

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/

06 June 2005
I'm probably being daft but could'nt you just clone the object and then replace the clone with your new object ~ all positions and rotations would be then transfered onto the new object.
cyphyr

06 June 2005
Thumbs up

Just to get you all up-to-speed. I used PowerGons (very cool). Trouble is that there is a bug in the interface GUI after LW 7.5. After you input you LScript data the OK does not save the info in the model. You need to hit ENTER on the keyboard. In layout you run DoPowerGon and the object/s will be cloned to all locations setup in modeler. Here is a link to a tut at NewTek provided by Deuce from another discussion (Thanks) that will explain it all.

cyphyr:
I need the objects cloned or duplcated in Layout so the can be controlled at their local origins. Point-clone-plus is great but it puts them all on the same layer with only one local origin. I could do this one at a time in layout but Powergons does them all at once instead. You just need to do a little setup in modeler beforehand.

06 June 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread