human anatomy (nude)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
human anatomy (nude)

Hi everyone, Just thought i would share what im working on. Its going to be a 3d model of the muscles in the human body. I have a long way to go, but its a start.

08 August 2005
nice work, have you thought about doing it muscle by muscle instead of all one mesh? All the other models of the human muscle system seem to be done in that fashion... Just a thought.

-JIII

08 August 2005
hi! thanks for the reply, yup, i have thought about it. Someone else suggested it too me. But by that time i had come way to far to start again. lol, i would kill me just to give up the work ive done so far. But its something i might do in the future. I would need some aweseome anatomy ref pics to put all the muscles together. Hopefully, i will be able to get some good result this way.

08 August 2005
Looks great. Other than that big seam right down the center. I like it.

08 August 2005
looks good,though it's rough.

08 August 2005
thanks guys. yea, its a bit rough, defently needs some tidying up.

08 August 2005
Id have to say that all your tidying up could be more time to get the areas where your mesh's msucles are connecting then to make muscles themselves.

Im not sure what package your in, but just a spline loft of a nurbs or poly surface and scaling would do the trick might fast. Plus you can leave the hierarchy and tweak the msucles piece by piece.

Plus if you keep a hold of it you might be able to use it as a msucle deformation.

08 August 2005
make sure that your modeling follows the muscular flow.i mean sometimes spin the last muscle polygon with the one which is not extruded so that it doesnt look boxy or whatever it's called.

Update Sooner so we can help you out better.

08 August 2005
3rd user
Hi there. Thanks for the sugestions,. sorry about the slow updates havent had much time to work on it. Ive tried to make the muscles flow more smoothly, tell me what you think. I dont think the are as "boxy" now.

LordShaitan
Great idea, would be awesome to use that technique for animating the muscles as well. But for the time being, im going to keep going the way i am

Thanks for the input.

Last edited by antiant : 08 August 2005 at 01:11 PM.

08 August 2005
got the hand done some. Needs more tweaking, but its driving me nuts, so im going to move on building more muscles.

08 August 2005
Hi everyone. Been working on the arm. still have more to do to the back of the arm yet. Actually the back side of the body isnt much done at all. So i plan to start on that now.

08 August 2005
I would recommend Artistic Anatomy by Dr. Paul Richer. It's an excellent anatomy reference that shows how every muscle connects to every bone in the body. It's still in print and you should be able to find it on Amazon for under $20.

I know that the thought of starting over can be heart breaking, but sometimes it is the only way you can really learn. I'm speaking from experience here.

You've got a pretty big modeling task ahead of you, so I wish you the best. I'll be keeping up on your progress.

08 August 2005
Hi, thanks for the crits
Barada73 - Ive been seriously thinking wether i should start again. This only being my second human model ive made some blunders with the geometry. But still in saying that, it would be my best human model so far. I need some more work in my show real for these next couple of weeks because im going to do some work experience with a few studios. So i would like this piece finished and in the reel. So ive decided to continue on and just see how it turns out once finished. Im sure textureing it will go along way as well. Anyhow thanks for the ideas. I really want my work to improve. So i appriciated the crits.
I do plan on starting another model staight after this one. Which im sure will turn out much better.

08 August 2005
I have decided i need the practice in rebuilding another model. So.. thats what im doing. Thanks for the comments everyone.

08 August 2005
Talking

antiant,

Hey, cool, if you do, it would be schweet if you could also post your work here on this thread on the Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art forum:

3D DIGITAL ARTISTS

Lots of great work posted there so far!

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Thread Closed share thread