Toyota Supra - C&C wanted

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2004
Toyota Supra - C&C wanted

hey all,
this is my latest creation, still needs work, but if i can get some advice on making it better that would be cool,,
it was made using max 5.1 and rendered with Brazil

thankx

BLAKE AUST

http://blake.fateback.com

02 February 2004
Nice work so far. To improve it, you'll want to rebuild or work on the surfaces on the side of the car. Look at the reflection, where it wavers where it shouldn't, reform that area so it flows more smoothly (In front of door, back of door, door doesn't line up exactly with body etc). I'd like to see wires, and i'm wondering if you're going to do the interior too. Nice modeling so far!

|Machineflesh 3D
|Machineflesh 2D
|WIP Porsche
|WIP Gargoyle
|WIP US Quarter
|WIP Horsebox

Want a great modeling app compatible with XDUGEF techniques? get SILO

03 March 2004
hey, thanks
i have tried to make the side a bit smother, but it still needs attention, i made some wheels, iknow there abit cromey but i havent figured out how to turn it down yet, i will try some crome around the doors ect tonight,,,, i am going to do a basic interior, seats dash, and maybe do more from their, i am going to do some test's with hdri, ill post back on the results

http://blake.fateback.com

BLAKE AUST

03 March 2004
hey,
this forum is crazy, no more then 3 or four hours and i am a fuw pages down the list, anyhow, i have some new renders to show you all, as always i need some critics, and help, if u have any good settings for brazil textures for the glass or body that would be cool cos i need it to look a little different

blake.fateback.com

BLAKE AUST

03 March 2004
Definitely test it with HDRI, don't forget the fresnel, that's what it needs to look more like a car. Another quick modeling thing: the seam from the headlight to the edge of the windshield... see how the surfaces don't line up? Maybe try rounding it out a little more somewhere so the reflection will carry across a little cleaner. I like the changes on the door seam, might need some work on the bottom of the door, but it's much better. I'm definitely a fan of the blue version =) Keep it up!

|Machineflesh 3D
|Machineflesh 2D
|WIP Porsche
|WIP Gargoyle
|WIP US Quarter
|WIP Horsebox

Want a great modeling app compatible with XDUGEF techniques? get SILO

03 March 2004
i tryed some hdri, it takes ages to render, so its hard to test it out, i really need help with the textures, not much time atm to work on it. if any one can help that would be sik. i went to the melbourne motorshow on the weekend, and got inspired by the sik rides. my next car will be an aussie made joss(i think)diablo looking things or a Holden Maloo R8, or a Monaro (pontiac GTO or somthing in the US), very hard to get blueprints for em.

if anyone can help that would be great

blake.fateback.com {{fixed refelctions added disk brake, what do u think}}

BLAKE AUST

2500+ @ 3200+
1.3gb ram
gf3ti200 128mb
80gb hdd

03 March 2004
great model!
Maybe try to reduce some IOR values on the windows, they feel more like a magnifying glass or something...

Like the paint!

03 March 2004
Ya your index of refraction on your windshield is more akin to a Diamond than glass. It should be around 1.33.

03 March 2004
It's a great model
I like especialy the green paint...
Maybe you can adjust the glass material.

03 March 2004
Hola!

Some advice:
- If you don't want the rims seem so cromey, turn on glossy reflection on the brazil material, with 95-90%
- Do the windows have any thickness? I cannot say it from the pictures. If they don't, that's the problem! Else try changing IOR, as it was sad before
- The back part of the car seems strange. Am I right when saying, that's the reason you didn't show any pictures about it?

I hope I could help a bit. Good work!
My S2000 WIP
Tutorial: Boxmodeling a car
Supra (BRAND NEW!)

03 March 2004
HELP,
i stuffed up one of the material slots and when i open the material editor it says that error that says "no changes have been made since you last saved" you all know it, i get it often enough, thanx for the replys, i think i have fixxed the windows, and no they dont have any thinkness, just one sided, should i try and make it both sided?, i have tweaked all the textures a bit, and i made some new lights using your little tut LionTR
in your thred about the s2000, agian thats awsum work, ill post when i get this small prob fixed, if u can help please post.

BLAKE AUST

03 March 2004
sorry all, hehe

i fixxed it, i went into the matirial libary and deleted it
fixed the prob, i will get some renders out within the hour..

thankx

03 March 2004
sorry, guys ,,,
can u help...... it seems to be when my comp sees anything on the screen that is the shelac brazil thing,,, but i can click on it in the matirial libary,, if anyone can help that would be heaps good cos i am on a bit of a roll witht the car

BLAKE AUST

edit>>>>>>>>>>>
rephrase

it works in matirial libary but wheneva the shelac is in there it will stuff up when going into the matirail editor in any file.

Last edited by BLAKE AUST : 03 March 2004 at 10:12 AM.

03 March 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Emmortal1
Ya your index of refraction on your windshield is more akin to a Diamond than glass. It should be around 1.33.

Here's a lil list i once dig up @ another forum:
Quote: Alcohol - 1.329
Crystal - 2.00
Emerald - 1.576
Glass - 1.51714
Glass, Albite - 1.4890
Glass, Crown -1.520
Glass, Crown, Zinc - 1.517
Glass, Flint, Dense - 1.66
Glass, Flint, Heaviest - 1.89
Glass, Flint, Heavy - 1.65548
Glass, Flint, Lanthanum - 1.80
Glass, Flint, Light - 1.58038
Glass, Flint, Medium - 1.62725
Ice - 1.309
Mercury - 1.62
Plastic - 1.460
Ruby - 1.760
Water (gas) - 1.000261
Water 100'C - 1.31819
Water 20'C - 1.33335
Water 35'C (Room temp) - 1.33157

03 March 2004
hi, thanx or those ior details, but, do i enter that value(GLASS) in both ior slots, under refraction and reflection, and when i render with 1.33 and 1.51714 both of them make it look like the glass bends the picture towords the camera, if u get what i mean. i also have fallof to get reflections on it form the light box, is that right to? and does glass have to be 2 sieded, cos its a box cut in half, and u see the seeable side, if u also get what i mean, not sure how to get it to work..

thankx heaps

BLAKE AUST

Thread Closed share thread